On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Hans Hagen wrote: > > it's much simpler than that ... idris can tell you .. no need for > texfont etc > Thanks, all! This is great. I did not expect font handling to be so easy. Yes I was trying texfont.pl, the scary perl script. One thing I found suspicious: I tried to find out whether OSFONTSDIR supports several ':' separated directories (on Mac OS, there is /Library/Fonts and ~/Library/Fonts), by setting OSFONTSDIR and rerunning luatools --generate. However, I did not see a change in the numbers of indexed files. In any case, after settings fonts up and compiling (texexec --luatex traditional_arabic-test.tex), my font is not found currently... Here is what I did, in detail > export OSFONTSDIR=/Users/buraq/Library/Fonts > ls $OSFONTSDIR/arabtype.ttf /Users/buraq/Library/Fonts/arabtype.ttf > luatools --generate > mtxrun --script font --reload > texexec --luatex traditional_arabic-test.tex ... define font | font with name arabtype is not found define font | unknown font arabtype, loading aborted ! Font \TradArabic=arabtype*test2 at 28pt not loadable: metric data not found or bad. Is there an easy way to find out which fonts are known to the system? (after luatools --generate) Here are the relevant source lines (slightly changed from Idris' example file) \definefontfeature [test2] [mode=node,language=dflt,script=arab, init=yes,medi=yes,fina=yes,isol=yes, liga=yes,dlig=yes,rlig=yes,clig=yes, mark=yes,mkmk=yes,kern=yes,curs=yes] \font \TradArabic = arabtype*test2 at 28pt kind regards, Burak -- Burak Emir -- http://burak.emir.googlepages.com