* Install Tikz in LMTX tree
@ 2020-03-09 21:59 Jorge Manuel
From: Jorge Manuel @ 2020-03-09 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Sirs,

I download tikz.tds.zip <http://mirrors.ctan.org/install/graphics/pgf/base/pgf.tds.zip> from ctan and unzip it in /Applications/Context/context-osx-64/tex/texmf.

Next I run
		mtxrun --generate
		context —make

My test  file contains:

####
\setupcolors[state=start]
\usemodule[tikz]

\starttext

\starttikzpicture
 [node distance=4cm,
    place/.style={circle,draw=blue!50,fill=blue!20,thick,
                 inner sep=0pt,minimum size=6mm}]

    \node[place] (wat) {};
  \node[place] (wag) [below=of wat] {};

\stoptikzpicture

\stoptext
####

The log is:

open source     > level 1, order 1, name 'cont-yes.mkiv'
system          >
system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2020.02.17 19:36 MKIV beta  fmt: 2020.3.9  int: english/english
system          >
system          > 'cont-new.mkiv' loaded
open source     > level 2, order 2, name '/Applications/Context/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv'
system          > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
close source    > level 2, order 2, name '/Applications/Context/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv'
system          > files > jobname 'Recuperacao', input './Recuperacao', result 'Recuperacao'
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language 'en' is active
open source     > level 2, order 3, name './Recuperacao.tex'
modules         > 'tikz' is loaded
open source     > level 3, order 4, name '/Applications/Context/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/tex/context/third/pgf/frontendlayer/t-tikz.tex'
open source     > level 4, order 5, name 't-pgf.tex'
open source     > level 5, order 6, name 't-pgfcor.tex'
open source     > level 6, order 7, name 't-pgfsys.tex'
open source     > level 7, order 8, name 't-pgfrcs.tex'
open source     > level 8, order 9, name 't-pgfmod.tex'
system          > module wrapping error in 'tikz'
close source    > level 8, order 9, name 't-pgfmod.tex'
open source     > level 8, order 10, name 'pgfutil-common.tex'
open source     > level 9, order 11, name 'pgfutil-common-lists.tex'
close source    > level 9, order 11, name 'pgfutil-common-lists.tex'
close source    > level 8, order 11, name 'pgfutil-common.tex'
open source     > level 8, order 12, name 'pgfutil-context.def'
close source    > level 8, order 12, name 'pgfutil-context.def'
open source     > level 8, order 13, name 'pgfrcs.code.tex'

tex error       > tex error on line 11 in file pgfrcs.code.tex: ! Package PGF Error: PGF requires etex in extended mode

\pgfutil@packageerror #1#2#3->\errhelp {#3}\errmessage {Package #1 Error: #2}

l.11   \pgfutil@packageerror{PGF}{PGF requires etex in extended mode}{}
                                                                     %

<empty file>

This error message was generated by an \errmessage command, so I can't give any
explicit help. Pretend that you're Hercule Poirot: Examine all clues, and deduce
the truth by order and method.

Anybody has a clue how to fix this?

Thanks to all.

* Re: Install Tikz in LMTX tree
@ 2020-03-10  9:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-03-10  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/9/2020 10:59 PM, Jorge Manuel wrote:

> \pgfutil@packageerror #1#2#3->\errhelp {#3}\errmessage {Package #1
> Error: #2}
> l.11   \pgfutil@packageerror{PGF}{PGF requires etex in extended mode}{}
>                                                                       %
>
> <empty file>
>

> This error message was generated by an \errmessage command, so I can't
> give any
> explicit help. Pretend that you're Hercule Poirot: Examine all clues,
> and deduce
> the truth by order and method.
>

> Anybody has a clue how to fix this?
i'm surprised that there is (still) a check fot that because all tex's
default to etex .. you can try to put this at the top of yuor file

\newcount\eTeXversion  \eTeXversion  = 2000
\newcount\eTeXrevision \eTeXrevision = 0020

afaik there has never been a formal etex version 1 (in use) and never a
fundamental revision ... in lmtx we no longer have these versions
(pdftex, etex, omega, aleph, etc) as they serve no purpose

Hans

* Re: Install Tikz in LMTX tree
@ 2020-03-10 10:32   ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2020-03-10 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/03/20, 10:01, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 3/9/2020 10:59 PM, Jorge Manuel wrote:
>
> > \pgfutil@packageerror #1#2#3->\errhelp {#3}\errmessage {Package #1
> > Error: #2}
> > l.11   \pgfutil@packageerror{PGF}{PGF requires etex in extended mode}{}
> >                                                                       %
> >
> > <empty file>
> >

> > This error message was generated by an \errmessage command, so I can't
> > give any
> > explicit help. Pretend that you're Hercule Poirot: Examine all clues,
> > and deduce
> > the truth by order and method.
> >

> > Anybody has a clue how to fix this?
> i'm surprised that there is (still) a check fot that because all tex's
> default to etex .. you can try to put this at the top of yuor file

There are still people trying to run TikZ on plain TeX with the Knuth
engine: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=920368

> \newcount\eTeXversion  \eTeXversion  = 2000
> \newcount\eTeXrevision \eTeXrevision = 0020

Hm, I need something that *all* eTeX engines provide that I can check.
And these seem to have met that requirement.  I really don't want to
write a huge cascade of if-s to test for different engines.

> afaik there has never been a formal etex version 1 (in use) and never a
> fundamental revision ... in lmtx we no longer have these versions (pdftex,
> etex, omega, aleph, etc) as they serve no purpose
>
> Hans

* Re: Install Tikz in LMTX tree
@ 2020-03-10 14:06     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-03-10 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/10/2020 11:32 AM, Henri Menke wrote:

> There are still people trying to run TikZ on plain TeX with the Knuth
> engine: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=920368

hm, so you can't actually use etex goodies unless you emulate them

>> \newcount\eTeXversion  \eTeXversion  = 2000
>> \newcount\eTeXrevision \eTeXrevision = 0020
>
> Hm, I need something that *all* eTeX engines provide that I can check.
> And these seem to have met that requirement.  I really don't want to
> write a huge cascade of if-s to test for different engines.

I'll add dummies then but be aware that you actually should test for the
primitives that you expect because I'm not even sure if luatex bumped
the number. As you mention "all" it means that you expect differences
because "all" implies differences here. What if someone runs a very old
(experimental) etex.

(\scantokens, \readline, \detokenize, \savingvdiscards are likely to be
untouched .. it depends on what primitives you expect to use)

Hans

* Re: Install Tikz in LMTX tree
@ 2020-03-11 17:35       ` Jorge Manuel
From: Jorge Manuel @ 2020-03-11 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to Hans Hagen.

\newcount\eTeXversion  \eTeXversion  = 2000
\newcount\eTeXrevision \eTeXrevision = 0020

In the top of my tex file fixed the problem.

Jorge

> On 10 Mar 2020, at 14:06, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 3/10/2020 11:32 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
>
>> There are still people trying to run TikZ on plain TeX with the Knuth
>> engine: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=920368
>
> hm, so you can't actually use etex goodies unless you emulate them
>
>>> \newcount\eTeXversion  \eTeXversion  = 2000
>>> \newcount\eTeXrevision \eTeXrevision = 0020
>> Hm, I need something that *all* eTeX engines provide that I can check.
>> And these seem to have met that requirement.  I really don't want to
>> write a huge cascade of if-s to test for different engines.
>
> I'll add dummies then but be aware that you actually should test for the primitives that you expect because I'm not even sure if luatex bumped the number. As you mention "all" it means that you expect differences because "all" implies differences here. What if someone runs a very old (experimental) etex.
>
> (\scantokens, \readline, \detokenize, \savingvdiscards are likely to be untouched .. it depends on what primitives you expect to use)
>

> Hans

* Re: Install Tikz in LMTX tree
@ 2020-03-11 19:23         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-03-11 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/11/2020 6:35 PM, Jorge Manuel wrote:
> Thanks to Hans Hagen.
>
> \newcount\eTeXversion  \eTeXversion  = 2000
> \newcount\eTeXrevision \eTeXrevision = 0020
>
> In the top of my tex file fixed the problem.
fwiw, i've added those dummies to the most recent distribution

Hans