* No dots in \dotfill with new font
@ 2020-06-16 11:03 James Withers
From: James Withers @ 2020-06-16 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello

I've followed the instructions on the Context Garden wiki to make use
of a different font. Unfortunately when using \dotfill the dots do not
show up. My minimal example is below. I think this might be because
\dotfill takes its dots from the math mode font which I have not set
up correctly.

Grateful for any assistance

James

\starttypescript [cormorant]
\definefontsynonym[Cormorant-Regular] [file:Cormorant-Regular]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [cormorant]
\setups[font:fallback:serif]
\definefontsynonym[Serif] [Cormorant-Regular] [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [cormorant]
\definetypeface [cormorant] [rm] [serif] [cormorant] [default]
\definetypeface [cormorant] [mm] [math] [cormorant] [default]
\stoptypescript

\setupbodyfont [cormorant]

\starttext

text before dotfill\dotfill text after dotfill

\stoptext

* Re: No dots in \dotfill with new font
@ 2020-06-16 20:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-06-16 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/16/2020 1:03 PM, James Withers wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've followed the instructions on the Context Garden wiki to make use
> of a different font. Unfortunately when using \dotfill the dots do not
> show up. My minimal example is below. I think this might be because
> \dotfill takes its dots from the math mode font which I have not set
> up correctly.
>
> Grateful for any assistance
>
> James
>

> \starttypescript [cormorant]
> \definefontsynonym[Cormorant-Regular] [file:Cormorant-Regular]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript [cormorant]
> \setups[font:fallback:serif]
> \definefontsynonym[Serif] [Cormorant-Regular] [features=default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript [cormorant]
> \definetypeface [cormorant] [rm] [serif] [cormorant] [default]
> \definetypeface [cormorant] [mm] [math] [cormorant] [default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \setupbodyfont [cormorant]
>
> \starttext

> text before dotfill\dotfill text after dotfill

> \stoptext
you need a math font

     \definetypeface [cormorant] [mm] [math]  [pagella] [default]

* Re: No dots in \dotfill with new font
@ 2020-06-16 21:13   ` James Withers
From: James Withers @ 2020-06-16 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Many thanks Hans. That has made the dots appear. If possible I would
like to use the dot from the same font, especially if using a font
where full stops are diamond shaped rather than circular.

Is there any way to map the dot from the external font so that it can
be used by the \dotfill command?

James

@ 2020-06-17  6:39     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-06-17  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/16/2020 11:13 PM, James Withers wrote:
> Many thanks Hans. That has made the dots appear. If possible I would
> like to use the dot from the same font, especially if using a font
> where full stops are diamond shaped rather than circular.
>
> Is there any way to map the dot from the external font so that it can
> be used by the \dotfill command?

dotfill is actually a plain tex command using periods and spacing from
the math font / mode ... (maybe we should redefine it to behave
differently in text mode)

you can use this:

\definefiller
   [myfill]