* \BL and \CL with MKIV
@ 2007-12-04 20:52 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-12-04 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

Hello,
there are 2 problems with the example from the wiki:
\BL gives a black box and \CL gives the following error:

! Missing \endgroup inserted.
<inserted text>
                \endgroup
<to be read again>
                   \endtemplate
<template> \endtemplate

\normalTABLEmultirule #1->&
                           \use {#1}\normalTABLElongrule &
\dodocomplexTableGL ...LEmultirule {#3}}\fi \next
                                                  \doPostTableGL #2
\TABLEgrayline ->\complexTableCOLOR [2,green]
                                             \SR
l.13 \NC
         \tex{AR}       \NC automatic row\NC\SR

Here the test file:

% engine=luatex
\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\starttable[|l|l|]
\HL
\BL[1]\SR
\NC Command	\NC Meaning	\NC\SR
\HL
\NC \tex{NC}	\NC next column	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{NR}	\NC next row	\NC\LR
\HL
%\CL[green]\SR
\NC \tex{AR}	\NC automatic row\NC\SR
\HL
\stoptable
\stoptext

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: \BL and \CL with MKIV
@ 2007-12-04 23:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-12-04 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
> there are 2 problems with the example from the wiki:
> \BL gives a black box and \CL gives the following error:

hm, alignmnts (and math) may behave unexpected in luatex esp becaue
attributes are not yet implemented there; when that is fixed i will loo
into coloring table cells (that is, if i have a good reason -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: \BL and \CL with MKIV
@ 2007-12-05  0:22   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-12-05  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Peter Münster wrote:
>> Hello,
>> there are 2 problems with the example from the wiki:
>> \BL gives a black box and \CL gives the following error:
>
> hm, alignmnts (and math) may behave unexpected in luatex esp becaue
> attributes are not yet implemented there; when that is fixed i will loo
> into coloring table cells (that is, if i have a good reason -)

Somewhere, I have a colloction of bugs in tables (well not actually bugs,
since they are features provided by thrd-tab, and never mentioned in the
context manual. But they do not work due to the way table preambles are
handled in context (things are tried to be exapanded in the wrong place)).
I did not bring those out, because I thought that tables is going to be
replaced by tabulate eventually, so why beat a dead horse.

Do you plan to look into tables anytime in the future? If so, I could
write a detailed description of what goes wrong.

Aditya

* Re: \BL and \CL with MKIV
@ 2007-12-05 11:23     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-12-05 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Peter Münster wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> there are 2 problems with the example from the wiki:
>>> \BL gives a black box and \CL gives the following error:
>>
>> hm, alignmnts (and math) may behave unexpected in luatex esp becaue
>> attributes are not yet implemented there; when that is fixed i will loo
>> into coloring table cells (that is, if i have a good reason -)
>
> Somewhere, I have a colloction of bugs in tables (well not actually
> bugs, since they are features provided by thrd-tab, and never mentioned
> in the context manual. But they do not work due to the way table
> preambles are handled in context (things are tried to be exapanded in
> the wrong place)). I did not bring those out, because I thought that
> tables is going to be replaced by tabulate eventually, so why beat a
> dead horse.

well, table has its use ... one thing on the agenda is to merge the
original and the patches, clean up some mess and redo the lot ...

> Do you plan to look into tables anytime in the future? If so, I could
> write a detailed description of what goes wrong.

sure, but not this year

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE