* shading in metapost
@ 2008-01-16 19:07 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-01-16 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a somewhat silly question about metapost/metafun. To emphasize
parts of a picture, I place a bright red arrow or circle/ellipse on
top of the picture. I would like to make this arrow more visible by
putting a shade beneath it (I attach a jpg that will hopefully show
the desired effect). Right now, I simply draw the arrow twice with a
transparent black color, once with a smaller pencircle, so the effect
is like a shadow that is darker in the center than at the edges.
However, I think the effect would be more dramatic if I could have a
transparent area with a smooth grading. Is this possible at all in
metapost? filling a path with a transparent AND shaded color?

All best

Thomas