* The point about theorems
@ 2008-01-30 18:43 morgan.brassel
From: morgan.brassel @ 2008-01-30 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I need to typeset theorems with ConTeXt, and I would like to get your advice
before I begin. I read an interesting post about it on the dev list:

Enhancements to core-des for theorems
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070601.055815.50e07e4d.en.html

But I was unable to understand the very conclusion of it... Are there some
particular commands concerning theorems? or is \setupenumerations the only
solution?

Best regards,
Morgan

* Re: The point about theorems
@ 2008-01-30 19:07 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-01-30 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, morgan.brassel@free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to typeset theorems with ConTeXt, and I would like to get your advice
> before I begin. I read an interesting post about it on the dev list:
>
> Enhancements to core-des for theorems
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070601.055815.50e07e4d.en.html
>
> But I was unable to understand the very conclusion of it... Are there some
> particular commands concerning theorems? or is \setupenumerations the only
> solution?

Enumerations have been enhanced to take care of theorems. See if the
examples on the mailing list can get you started. Otherwise, just ask
here.

I will definitely document all the features of enumerations soon.

Aditya

* Re: The point about theorems
@ 2008-01-30 19:59   ` morgan.brassel
From: morgan.brassel @ 2008-01-30 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Selon Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, morgan.brassel@free.fr wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to typeset theorems with ConTeXt, and I would like to get your
> advice
> > before I begin. I read an interesting post about it on the dev list:
> >
> > Enhancements to core-des for theorems
> > http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070601.055815.50e07e4d.en.html
> >
> > But I was unable to understand the very conclusion of it... Are there some
> > particular commands concerning theorems? or is \setupenumerations the only
> > solution?
>
> Enumerations have been enhanced to take care of theorems. See if the
> examples on the mailing list can get you started. Otherwise, just ask
> here.

Thank you. Actually, I already have a question about the endmarker option. The
following example doesn't produce any endmark. Am I missing anything?

\defineenumeration[theorem][endmarker=X]
\starttext
\starttheorem
Hello
\stoptheorem
\stoptext

> I will definitely document all the features of enumerations soon.

That would be really great! I'd be among your first readers!

> Aditya

> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: The point about theorems
@ 2008-01-31  2:02     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-01-31  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Quoting morgan.brassel@free.fr:

> Selon Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
>
>> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, morgan.brassel@free.fr wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I need to typeset theorems with ConTeXt, and I would like to get your
>> advice
>> > before I begin. I read an interesting post about it on the dev list:
>> >
>> > Enhancements to core-des for theorems
>> > http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070601.055815.50e07e4d.en.html
>> >
>> > But I was unable to understand the very conclusion of it... Are there some
>> > particular commands concerning theorems? or is \setupenumerations the only
>> > solution?
>>
>> Enumerations have been enhanced to take care of theorems. See if the
>> examples on the mailing list can get you started. Otherwise, just ask
>> here.
>
> Thank you. Actually, I already have a question about the endmarker
> option. The
> following example doesn't produce any endmark. Am I missing anything?

Yes, the sanitizing of options done by Hans. Use closesymbol=X.

Aditya

> \defineenumeration[theorem][endmarker=X]
> \starttext
> \starttheorem
> Hello
> \stoptheorem
> \stoptext

* Re: The point about theorems
@ 2008-01-31  5:00   ` Ernesto Schirmacher
From: Ernesto Schirmacher @ 2008-01-31  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In one of my documents I used

\defineenumeration
  [THM]
  [location=serried,
   text=Theorem,
   right=.]

\setupenumerations
  [THM]
  [headstyle=bold,
   width=,
   distance=1em,
   style=slanted]

Ernesto
> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:07:40 -0500
> From: adityam@umich.edu
> To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] The point about theorems
>
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, morgan.brassel@free.fr wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to typeset theorems with ConTeXt, and I would like to get your advice
>> before I begin. I read an interesting post about it on the dev list:
>>
>> Enhancements to core-des for theorems
>> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070601.055815.50e07e4d.en.html
>>
>> But I was unable to understand the very conclusion of it... Are there some
>> particular commands concerning theorems? or is \setupenumerations the only
>> solution?
>
> Enumerations have been enhanced to take care of theorems. See if the
> examples on the mailing list can get you started. Otherwise, just ask
> here.
>
> I will definitely document all the features of enumerations soon.
>
> Aditya

* Re: The point about theorems
@ 2008-01-31 11:10       ` morgan.brassel
From: morgan.brassel @ 2008-01-31 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Selon Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:

> Quoting morgan.brassel@free.fr:
>
> > Selon Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:

> >> advice

> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070601.055815.50e07e4d.en.html

> some
> only
> >>
> >> Enumerations have been enhanced to take care of theorems. See if the
> >> examples on the mailing list can get you started. Otherwise, just ask
> >> here.
> >
> > Thank you. Actually, I already have a question about the endmarker
> > option. The
> > following example doesn't produce any endmark. Am I missing anything?
>
> Yes, the sanitizing of options done by Hans. Use closesymbol=X.

Thank you, Aditya. I hadn't noticed that...
Best regards, Morgan