* modules for TeX Live 2008
@ 2008-07-03 22:49 Mojca Miklavec
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-07-03 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Which modules are needed for TeX Live 2008?

Here's some list (that Hans sent me some time ago):
     http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/modules/
(t-tikz should not be included, and )

while all the modules are listed here:
    http://modules.contextgarden.net/

I guess that at least taspresentation and t-letter should be added to
the list? Maybe rsteps as well?

Mojca

* Re: modules for TeX Live 2008
@ 2008-07-03 23:46 ` Jesse Alama
From: Jesse Alama @ 2008-07-03 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> writes:

> Which modules are needed for TeX Live 2008?
>
> Here's some list (that Hans sent me some time ago):
>      http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/modules/
> (t-tikz should not be included, and )

Why not tikz?

Jesse

--
Jesse Alama (alama@stanford.edu)

* Re: modules for TeX Live 2008
@ 2008-07-04  2:07   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-07-04  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Jesse Alama wrote:

> "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Which modules are needed for TeX Live 2008?
>>
>> Here's some list (that Hans sent me some time ago)

I updated the documentation of t-mathsets. Please use the currently
uploaded module.

BTW, how does syncronization with CTAN work. I never uploaded my module to
CTAN, but it is available on CTAN (I assume, because it was also included
in texlive 2007). When updating modules on garden, should I also update
them on CTAN, or does CTAN syncronization happens automatically, or does
it happen once every year (with texlive)?

>>      http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/modules/
>> (t-tikz should not be included, and )
>
> Why not tikz?

The tikz module is just a repackaging of tikz files in TDS. tikz will be
included in texlive in the correct directory structure, so we do not need
to have duplicates.

Aditya

* Re: modules for TeX Live 2008
@ 2008-07-04  5:27     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-07-04  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 4:07 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> I updated the documentation of t-mathsets.

Thanks.

> Please use the currently uploaded module.

That's intended anyway.

> BTW, how does syncronization with CTAN work.

Doesn't. Some people from CTAN check manually from time to time.

> I never uploaded my module to
> CTAN, but it is available on CTAN (I assume, because it was also included
> in texlive 2007). When updating modules on garden, should I also update
> them on CTAN,

No, we'll try to sort that out now.

> or does CTAN syncronization happens automatically, or does
> it happen once every year (with texlive)?

It doesn't "happen" yet, but I hope that we & they will set it now.

Mojca

* Re: modules for TeX Live 2008
@ 2008-07-04  7:44 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2008-07-04  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Which modules are needed for TeX Live 2008?

Talking about modules: Can the current m-bib be included in cont-tmf and
thus in TeX Live? I recently updated cont-tmf and had then to update
m-bib to get bibtex correctly working again.

Another side question: What is with
http://modules.contextgarden.net/nath ? Clicking the directory link. all
ConTeXt modules are shown, but I *cannot find* that module. I find two
files - but only if I click on the CTAN link.

Tobias

* Re: modules for TeX Live 2008
@ 2008-07-04  8:33   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-07-04  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Which modules are needed for TeX Live 2008?
>>
> Talking about modules: Can the current m-bib be included in cont-tmf and
> thus in TeX Live? I recently updated cont-tmf and had then to update
> m-bib to get bibtex correctly working again.

ok (i need to sync that manually)

> Another side question: What is with
> http://modules.contextgarden.net/nath ? Clicking the directory link. all
> ConTeXt modules are shown, but I *cannot find* that module. I find two
> files - but only if I click on the CTAN link.

at some point aditya needs to look into nath an dgiv ehis opinion; the
problem is that nath is rather low level hooked into latex's font
system; it's impressive stuff but i have no idea if it's still
maintained; also, at some point we will redo that kind of things
(breaking across lines and so) in lua

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: modules for TeX Live 2008
@ 2008-07-04 16:29     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-07-04 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Hans Hagen wrote:

>> Another side question: What is with
>> http://modules.contextgarden.net/nath ? Clicking the directory link. all
>> ConTeXt modules are shown, but I *cannot find* that module. I find two
>> files - but only if I click on the CTAN link.
>
> at some point aditya needs to look into nath an dgiv ehis opinion; the
> problem is that nath is rather low level hooked into latex's font
> system; it's impressive stuff but i have no idea if it's still
> maintained;

I had tried nath a long time back, but found that it did not work in some
cases (if I remember correctly, there was some trouble with accents). I
wrote to the list, and got a reply from Giuseppe that it was a known
bugs. But, from what I understand, in general it works correctly. So, it
should be included.

> also, at some point we will redo that kind of things
> (breaking across lines and so) in lua

I have some ideas that I will talk about in the context user metting.

Aditya

* Re: modules for TeX Live 2008
@ 2008-07-07 11:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-07-07 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Which modules are needed for TeX Live 2008?
>
> Here's some list (that Hans sent me some time ago):
>     http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/modules/
> (t-tikz should not be included, and )
>
> while all the modules are listed here:
>    http://modules.contextgarden.net/
>
> I guess that at least taspresentation and t-letter should be added to
> the list? Maybe rsteps as well?

I put now also my T-Account module to the modules section,
you could add it to your list.

Wolfgang