* how to color footnote?
@ 2008-09-22 13:37 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-09-22 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

... while dealing with colored elements:

having the footnote number (down in front of the footnote text) in
dark green is not that bad, just, why can't it be colored in an other
way?

I tried in vain both in \setupfootnotes and \setupfootnotedefinition:
numbercolor, color...
Only \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta] affects the footnote number in
the main text.

But nothing changes in the footnote area.

Does this make sense?

Steffen

* Re: how to color footnote?
@ 2008-09-22 16:38 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-09-22 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> ... while dealing with colored elements:
>

> having the footnote number (down in front of the footnote text) in
> dark green is not that bad, just, why can't it be colored in an other
> way?
>
> I tried in vain both in \setupfootnotes and \setupfootnotedefinition:
> numbercolor, color...
> Only \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta] affects the footnote number in
> the main text.
>
> But nothing changes in the footnote area.

\setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: how to color footnote?
@ 2008-09-22 18:48   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-09-22 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.09.2008 um 18:38 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> ... while dealing with colored elements:
>>

>> having the footnote number (down in front of the footnote text) in
>> dark green is not that bad, just, why can't it be colored in an other
>> way?
>>
>> I tried in vain both in \setupfootnotes and \setupfootnotedefinition:
>> numbercolor, color...
>> Only \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta] affects the footnote number
>> in
>> the main text.
>>
>> But nothing changes in the footnote area.
>
> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]

Ahh, now I see where my problem lays:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]

\setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]
test\footnote{test}

\stoptext

Despite the fact that interaction carries its own color, elements can
be re-colored by their own color definition (see above).
Only the number of the note in front of the footnote text always gets
overridden by interaction color!

This distinction I didn't expect.

Why should exclusively that poor little number not be allowed to have
its own color?

Steffen

* Re: how to color footnote?
@ 2008-09-22 19:32     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-09-22 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Ahh, now I see where my problem lays:
>

> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \starttext
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]
>
> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]
> test\footnote{test}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Despite the fact that interaction carries its own color, elements can
> be re-colored by their own color definition (see above).
> Only the number of the note in front of the footnote text always gets
> overridden by interaction color!

Because it is overridden by interaction color.

> This distinction I didn't expect.
>

> Why should exclusively that poor little number not be allowed to have
> its own color?

There should be a better way to do this (set interaction color and
interaction style of each element separately), but for your case you can
use

@ 2008-09-22 19:44       ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-09-22 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

THAT'S GREAT:

Am 22.09.2008 um 21:32 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>
>> Ahh, now I see where my problem lays:
>>

>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>
>> \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]
>>
>> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]
>> test\footnote{test}
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Despite the fact that interaction carries its own color, elements can
>> be re-colored by their own color definition (see above).
>> Only the number of the note in front of the footnote text always gets
>> overridden by interaction color!
>
> Because it is overridden by interaction color.

It gets overridden by interaction color because it is overriden by
interaction color?

>> This distinction I didn't expect.
>>

>> Why should exclusively that poor little number not be allowed to have
>> its own color?
>
> There should be a better way to do this (set interaction color and
> interaction style of each element separately), but for your case you
> can
> use
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \starttext
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]
>
> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]
> test\footnote{test}
>
> \stoptext

It's like a game for kids ... "who finds the 10 differences between
Aditya's lines and Steffen's lines?"

=o)

Next try? Volunteers!

Who get's the little darkgreen footnote number paint in red ...
nobody???

Steffen

* Re: how to color footnote?
@ 2008-09-22 23:57         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-09-22 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> THAT'S GREAT:

:)

> Am 22.09.2008 um 21:32 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>>
>>> Ahh, now I see where my problem lays:
>>>

>>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>>
>>> \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]
>>>
>>> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]
>>> test\footnote{test}
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> Despite the fact that interaction carries its own color, elements can
>>> be re-colored by their own color definition (see above).
>>> Only the number of the note in front of the footnote text always gets
>>> overridden by interaction color!
>>
>> Because it is overridden by interaction color.
>
> It gets overridden by interaction color because it is overriden by
> interaction color?

:)

Ok, I guess I should read what I write. What I meant was that interaction
is added last, so everything gets overridden by interaction colors.

>>> This distinction I didn't expect.
>>>

>>> Why should exclusively that poor little number not be allowed to have
>>> its own color?
>>
>> There should be a better way to do this (set interaction color and
>> interaction style of each element separately), but for your case you
>> can
>> use
>>
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>
>> \setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]
>>
>> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\color[green]}]
>> test\footnote{test}
>>
>> \stoptext
>

> It's like a game for kids ... "who finds the 10 differences between
> Aditya's lines and Steffen's lines?"
>
> =o)
>
> Next try? Volunteers!
>
> Who get's the little darkgreen footnote number paint in red ...
> nobody???

Hopefully, will past e the correct thing this time

\setupcolors[state=start]

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\setupfootnotes[textcolor=magenta]

\setupfootnotedefinition[before={\setupinteraction[color=blue]}]

\starttext

\section[one] {Fist}

test\footnote{test}

See section \in[one].