* questions about Aditya's thesis
@ 2008-11-06 13:56 Mohamed Bana
From: Mohamed Bana @ 2008-11-06 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everyone,

Here's the link to his thesis;
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam/publications/thesis/thesis.tar.gz

1. Is this the new official syntax?

\chapter[chap:01] Introduction

\section Motivation

2. How do I enabled colour links for the bibliography citations? I've
tried - You'll have to move/delete t-bib.tex if you're running a recent
ver. of the minimals to get the the doc to compile.

% env-thesis.tex lines 289-291
\setupinteraction[state=start,style=,color=]
\setupinteraction[focus=standard]
\placebookmarks  [chapter,section][chapter]

and

% line 3, macros.tex
\setupcolors[state=start]

% line 8, macros.tex
\setupcite  [interaction=start, compress=no,color=] %darkgreen]

Yet the links are still in black. Here's the pdf;
http://filebin.ca/mzxxpc/thesis.pdf or http://filebin.ca/mzxxpc

3. The entries in bibliography outflow into the margins; pages 23
onwards. I don't mind if the line contains huge gaps as long as the
entries don't flow into the margins.

4. How do I decrease the linespacing? Don't you agree with Minion Pro it
doesn't look as good as with Palatino.

Mohamed

* Re: questions about Aditya's thesis
@ 2008-11-06 14:19 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-11-06 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Mohamed Bana wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>

> Here's the link to his thesis;
> http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam/publications/thesis/thesis.tar.gz
>

> 1. Is this the new official syntax?
>
> \chapter[chap:01] Introduction
>
> \section Motivation

Well, this has been possible for a long time. I prefer this over
\section{Motivation} since there is less things to type :-) I don't think
that this is documented anywhere.

> 2. How do I enabled colour links for the bibliography citations? I've
> tried - You'll have to move/delete t-bib.tex if you're running a recent
> ver. of the minimals to get the the doc to compile.
>
> % env-thesis.tex lines 289-291
> \setupinteraction[state=start,style=,color=]

Change color= to color=darkgreen (or any other color that you like).

> \setupinteraction[focus=standard]
> \placebookmarks  [chapter,section][chapter]
>
> and
>
> % line 3, macros.tex
> \setupcolors[state=start]

This will also make all the section heads colored. If you do not like it,
remove color=something from the \setuphead commands.

> % line 8, macros.tex
> \setupcite  [interaction=start, compress=no,color=] %darkgreen]

cite currently does not support changing colors of links. You get the same
color as interationcolor. I had made some changes in my local copy of
t-bib, but that won't work because old t-bib uses deprecated method of
setting variables and constants.

> Yet the links are still in black. Here's the pdf;
> http://filebin.ca/mzxxpc/thesis.pdf or http://filebin.ca/mzxxpc
>
> 3. The entries in bibliography outflow into the margins; pages 23
> onwards. I don't mind if the line contains huge gaps as long as the
> entries don't flow into the margins.

Add something like

\setuptolerance[verytolerant, stretch] before \placepublications.
Occasionally, I had to edit the bbl file by hand to get the spacing that I
wanted.

> 4. How do I decrease the linespacing? Don't you agree with Minion Pro it
> doesn't look as good as with Palatino.

Change \setupinterlinespace    [medium,auto] to [small,auto] or simply
remove this line.

Aditya