From: Morgan Brassel <morgan.brassel@free.fr>
Subject: Re: UTF-8 characters and gnuplot module
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:57:31 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

> You can use
>
> \setupGNUPLOTterminal
>  [context]
>  [dashed=no,
>   textscale=0.9]

Thank you, Mojca!

The dashed option is ok, but I didn't manage to have 'textscale' work:
adding these lines in my previous example still gives 12pt font... Am I
missing something?

>>  * ' and " quotes do not give the same result when UTF-8 character are
>>  involved. Is it wanted?
>
> No. It's the same problem that I have mentioned last time. If you take a look at
>   filename-gnuplot-1.plt
> you will see:
>
> set ylabel "h\dochar {233}llo"
> set xlabel 'h\dochar {233}llo'
>
> The second case gets literally to the output file, but then ConTeXt
> interprets it OK again. In the first case backslash is lost, and you
> get nonsense. This can be solved by using \detokenize as descriibed
> last time, but then again - it would be best if Taco or Hans or
> someone else had an idea of how to prevent that weird expansion inside
> \startGNUPLOTscript. I always use simple quotes for no particular
> reason (or maybe because I sometimes want to use \bf or other commands
> with backslash).

Sorry to make you explain again, I'm a bit lost with all those new
things... I'll use simple quotes from now on, but is there a simple way to
escape the ' character in this case? I tried

set xlabel 'I\'\ m sorry!'

but the ' is not typeset correctly then.

A big thanks for your great patience!
Morgan