* mkiv: way to signal extra run(s)
@ 2012-09-29 13:34 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2012-09-29 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

just wondering. Is there a official way to signal ConTeXt from a module,
that an extra run is needed?

I started thinking about adding bookkeeping for the created run time
graphics. Graphic related changes can then be detected and, if
necessary, extra runs can be started to update the changed graphics.

I need the second run to create and start the ImageMagick batch script,
but the collected info in the *.tuc file prevents ConTeXt from starting
a second/third run. Currently I use a batch file that simply deletes the
*.tuc file and then calls 'context'. As there is no bookkeeping, all the
graphics are recreated then.

Peter

* Re: mkiv: way to signal extra run(s)
@ 2012-09-29 14:24 ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2012-09-29 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

···<date: 2012-09-29, Saturday>···<from: Peter Rolf>···

> Hi,
>
> just wondering. Is there a official way to signal ConTeXt from a module,
> that an extra run is needed?

Hi Peter, some time ago I got this answer from Hans:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg45820.html
(Today the table is “job.variables.tobesaved”.)

Hth
Philipp

> I started thinking about adding bookkeeping for the created run time
> graphics. Graphic related changes can then be detected and, if
> necessary, extra runs can be started to update the changed graphics.
>
> I need the second run to create and start the ImageMagick batch script,
> but the collected info in the *.tuc file prevents ConTeXt from starting
> a second/third run. Currently I use a batch file that simply deletes the
> *.tuc file and then calls 'context'. As there is no bookkeeping, all the
> graphics are recreated then.
>

> Peter

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* Re: mkiv: way to signal extra run(s)
@ 2012-09-29 15:08   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2012-09-29 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.09.2012 16:24, schrieb Philipp Gesang:
> ···<date: 2012-09-29, Saturday>···<from: Peter Rolf>···
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> just wondering. Is there a official way to signal ConTeXt from a module,
>> that an extra run is needed?
>
> Hi Peter, some time ago I got this answer from Hans:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg45820.html
> (Today the table is “job.variables.tobesaved”.)

Hi Philipp,

that should work. I was planing to save the graphic hash data (id-> file
name) as lua file anyway and make use of that data in the following runs
(compare new and old hash). Storing a checksum of that file should be
all I need then.

Thanks for your help :-)

Peter

@ 2012-09-29 21:59     ` Aditya Mahajan