* [OT] context mascot
@ 2008-12-11 23:22 luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-12-11 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Have we  a mascot ?

http://chl.be/mascots/
--
luigi

* Re: [OT] context mascot
@ 2008-12-11 23:29 ` Aditya Mahajan
                     ` (3 more replies)
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-12-11 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, luigi scarso wrote:

> Have we  a mascot ?
>
> http://chl.be/mascots/

Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)

* Re: [OT] context mascot
@ 2008-12-11 23:40   ` Wolfgang Schuster
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-12-11 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.12.2008 um 00:29 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, luigi scarso wrote:
>
>> Have we  a mascot ?
>>
>> http://chl.be/mascots/
>
> Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20080331.202358.73e0f8dc.en.html

Wolfgang

* Re: [OT] context mascot
@ 2008-12-11 23:44   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-12-11 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, luigi scarso wrote:
>
>  Have we  a mascot ?
>>
>> http://chl.be/mascots/
>>

> Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)

right, damn, I'm getting old....

BTW I think we should put on the wiki
something like this
http://melusine.eu.org/syracuse/metapost/animations/poulain/?swf=2

under the logo
--
luigi

* Re: [OT] context mascot
@ 2008-12-11 23:47     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-12-11 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:40 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 12.12.2008 um 00:29 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>  On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>>  Have we  a mascot ?
>>>
>>> http://chl.be/mascots/
>>>

>> Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)
>>

> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20080331.202358.73e0f8dc.en.html

also true -- Dodo
More Police, in my opinion
http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/the_police/de_do_do_do_de_da_da_da.html

--
luigi

* Re: [OT] context mascot
@ 2008-12-12  8:32   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-12  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, luigi scarso wrote:
>
>> Have we  a mascot ?
>>
>> http://chl.be/mascots/
>
> Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)

there's even a whole font with these cows

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: [OT] context mascot
@ 2008-12-12  9:33     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-12-12  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>>  Have we  a mascot ?
>>>
>>> http://chl.be/mascots/
>>>

>> Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)
>>

> there's even a whole font with these cows

and even a little plastic  tablecloth (a mat, a place mat from Epen)

--
luigi

* Re: context mascot
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-12-15 20:25   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2008-12-15 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

>> Have we  a mascot ?
>>
>> http://chl.be/mascots/
>
> Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)

I thought that people in Bohinj more ore less agreed(*) that we don't want
any animals as a logo (except for your elephant, of course ;-)). Wasn't
this the reason, we tried hard to come up with a geometrically formed
context logo?

(*) those two or three that were still awake :)

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: context mascot
@ 2008-12-15 22:17     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-12-15 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> Have we  a mascot ?
> >>
> >> http://chl.be/mascots/
> >
> > Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)
>
> I thought that people in Bohinj more ore less agreed(*) that we don't want
> any animals as a logo (except for your elephant, of course ;-)). Wasn't
> this the reason, we tried hard to come up with a geometrically formed
> context logo?

It's not a logo.
It's a mascot, like TeX lion,  linux penguin,  GNU gnu and so on .
Cow fonts was made from  Duane Bibby's illustrations ,as far I know,
so no doubt that they are in TeX tradition

--
luigi

* Re: context mascot
@ 2008-12-15 22:23     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-15 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Have we  a mascot ?
>>>
>>> http://chl.be/mascots/
>> Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)
>
> I thought that people in Bohinj more ore less agreed(*) that we don't want
> any animals as a logo (except for your elephant, of course ;-)). Wasn't
> this the reason, we tried hard to come up with a geometrically formed
> context logo?

right: no mechandising of animals and no animals on covers of books -)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context mascot
@ 2008-12-15 22:27       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-15 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>      >> Have we  a mascot ?
>      >>
>      >> http://chl.be/mascots/
>      >
>      > Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)
>
>     I thought that people in Bohinj more ore less agreed(*) that we
>     don't want
>     any animals as a logo (except for your elephant, of course ;-)). Wasn't
>     this the reason, we tried hard to come up with a geometrically formed
>     context logo?
>
> It's not a logo.
> It's a mascot, like TeX lion,  linux penguin,  GNU gnu and so on .
> Cow fonts was made from  Duane Bibby's illustrations ,as far I know,
> so no doubt that they are in TeX tradition

Sure, but that's just visual jokes; you're not advocating a real
'pluche' animal are you? (hm, reminds me of this inflatable pig that the
pink floyd guys use(d), a big inflatable cow floating above the context
conference location)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context mascot
@ 2008-12-15 22:43         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-12-15 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> luigi scarso wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch>
>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi,
>>
>>     >> Have we  a mascot ?
>>     >>
>>     >> http://chl.be/mascots/
>>     >
>>     > Yes we do. Its the dutch cow :-)
>>
>>    I thought that people in Bohinj more ore less agreed(*) that we
>>    don't want
>>    any animals as a logo (except for your elephant, of course ;-)). Wasn't
>>    this the reason, we tried hard to come up with a geometrically formed
>>    context logo?
>>
>> It's not a logo.
>> It's a mascot, like TeX lion,  linux penguin,  GNU gnu and so on .
>> Cow fonts was made from  Duane Bibby's illustrations ,as far I know,
>> so no doubt that they are in TeX tradition
>>

> Sure, but that's just visual jokes; you're not advocating a real 'pluche'
> animal are you?

Well , actually I really appreciate a *real* dutch cow... martina needs milk
every morning...
BTW, no, I'm not advocate for a real "pluche" animal.

(hm, reminds me of this inflatable pig that the pink floyd guys use(d), a
> big inflatable cow floating above the context conference location)

Arrghh.. this pig (Animals album) created some problems to floyd..
"....
On 3 December 1976, during the second day, a gust of wind broke the pig free
of its moorings. Because there was no one to shoot the pig down, it sailed
away into the morning sky. A passenger plane reported seeing the pig,
causing all the flights at London Heathrow
Airport<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Heathrow_Airport>to be
delayed
[*citation needed <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed>*].
A police helicopter was sent up to track the pig, but was forced to return
after following the pig to an altitude of 5,000 feet. A warning was sent out
to pilots that a giant, flying pink pig was loose in the area[*citation
needed <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed>*]. The CAA
lost radar contact on the pig near Chatham in Kent, at a height of 18,000
feet and flying East. It finally landed in a farmer's field, without much
damage.
..:"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_(album)

--