From: Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>
Subject: Re: lucida and mactex 2008
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:33:32 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, Jerónimo Alaminos Prats wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using the lucida fonts without problems for a long time. They
> work like a charm with mactex 2007 but moving to the 2008 version I've found
> that some math symbols are shuffled  or simply do not appear in the pdf. For
> example, \midint compiles correctly but do not appear in the pdf result.
>
> I have checked everything that  I can imagine but cannot find a reason for
> this behaviour.

This is because the math encoding files have not been completely extended
to mkiv yet. We are in the process of adding encoding information for all
unicode math symbols. \midintop is not a unicode character, and we need to
figure out how to represent non-unicode characters in the private areas of
unicode table. I do not know if there is a temporary workaround to make
this work.

Aditya