* checking spelling of a tex document
@ 2009-08-05 23:04 Ciro Soto
From: Ciro Soto @ 2009-08-05 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: context

Hi all

I wonder what the people in this list is using for checking the
spelling of a tex document....
I am in Linux and I have going back and forth from tex to OOwriter to do this,
but that is a pain.  Any other suggestion?

thank you
Ciro

-- Links of your interest:
http://www-personal.engin.umd.umich.edu/~cirosoto/
http://www.TheGuitarMakerExploration.com
https://www.createspace.com/3392936

* Re: checking spelling of a tex document
@ 2009-08-06  0:01 ` Jason Earl
From: Jason Earl @ 2009-08-06  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ciro Soto <ciro@kavyata.com> writes:

> Hi all
>
> I wonder what the people in this list is using for checking the
> spelling of a tex document....
> I am in Linux and I have going back and forth from tex to OOwriter to
> do this, but that is a pain.  Any other suggestion?
>
> thank you
> Ciro

What text editor are you currently using?  I work on Linux too, and, to
be honest I almost couldn't find a text editor that didn't spell check
(at least with a little coaxing).  I tried Emacs, gvim, gedit, jedit,
and geany before I finally hit an editor that didn't have spell checking
for context files (scite).  Heck, I think even nano will do spell
checking.

At the risk of starting a flame war, Emacs with AUCTeX handles this and
a whole pile of other ConTeXT stuff quite nicely.

Jason

* Re: checking spelling of a tex document
@ 2009-08-06  7:13 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-08-06  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Ciro Soto wrote:

> I wonder what the people in this list is using for checking the
> spelling of a tex document....

Hello,

I have this in my .emacs file:

    (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")

I'm quite happy with aspell.

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/