* \everymath problem
@ 2009-08-19 13:22 Eythan Weg
From: Eythan Weg @ 2009-08-19 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I use luatex 0.43 with yesterday's beta.  Running

  \everymath = {\displaystyle}

  \starttext
  ${a\over  b}$

  \stoptext

results in

  ! Use of \dospecialabout doesn't match its definition.
  l.4 ${a\over  b
               }$

Plain format under luatex has no problem here.

If I change \over to \times it runs with fonts changed
to roman (i.e, not math italics).

Thank you.

Eythan

* Re: \everymath problem
@ 2009-08-19 14:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-08-19 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eythan Weg wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I use luatex 0.43 with yesterday's beta.  Running
>
>   \everymath = {\displaystyle}
>
>   \starttext
>   ${a\over  b}$
>
>   \stoptext
>
> results in
>
>   ! Use of \dospecialabout doesn't match its definition.
>   l.4 ${a\over  b
>                }$
>
> Plain format under luatex has no problem here.
>
> If I change \over to \times it runs with fonts changed
> to roman (i.e, not math italics).

taco and i looked into it (fearing big problems) but it's actually
normal; use

\everymath = \expandafter{\the\everymath \displaystyle}

or

\appendtoks \displaystyle \to \everymath

as (among other important things) \everymath does initialize \over

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: \everymath problem
@ 2009-08-19 14:53   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-08-19 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.08.2009 um 16:47 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> Eythan Weg wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I use luatex 0.43 with yesterday's beta.  Running    \everymath =
>> {\displaystyle}
>>    \starttext
>>  ${a\over  b}$
>>    \stoptext
>> results in   ! Use of \dospecialabout doesn't match its definition.
>>  l.4 ${a\over  b
>>               }$
>> Plain format under luatex has no problem here.
>> If I change \over to \times it runs with fonts changed
>> to roman (i.e, not math italics).
>
> taco and i looked into it (fearing big problems) but it's actually
> normal; use
>
> \everymath = \expandafter{\the\everymath \displaystyle}
>
> or
>
> \appendtoks \displaystyle \to \everymath
>
> as (among other important things) \everymath does initialize \over

And with \frac it can be configured at context low level (why no key
for \setupmathematics?)

\chardef\mathfracmode=1 % 0=auto, 1=displaystyle, 2=textstyle,
3=scriptstyle, 4=scriptscriptstyle, 5=mathstyle

$\frac{a}{b}$

Wolfgang

* Frac (was \everymath problem)
@ 2009-08-20 14:59     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-08-20 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> And with \frac it can be configured at context low level (why no key for
> \setupmathematics?)
>
> \chardef\mathfracmode=1 % 0=auto, 1=displaystyle, 2=textstyle, 3=scriptstyle,
> 4=scriptscriptstyle, 5=mathstyle
>
> $\frac{a}{b}$

I am thinking of incoprorating a "nath like" frac in ConTeXt. So, we can
have

\definemathfraction[frac][style=...]

where style can take values

default: the current frac implementation
auto:    the nath like implementation
displaystyle: the current dfrac implementation
textstyle: the current tfrac implementation
scriptstyle/scriptscriptstyle: (not sure when they would be needed)

I need to check what is the difference between mathfracmode=0 and 5.

We can also interface to vulgar fractions.

Aditya