* Re: Define exercise captions
       [not found] <mailman.187.1257061183.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-01 12:51 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-01 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
>> I need to define a Exercise command that will enumerate exercises and provide
>> >  captions.
>> >
>> >  For example,
>> >
>> >  \exercise{Conversion from hex to dec}
>> >
>> >  should produce
>> >
>> >  Exercise 1.1. Conversion from hex to dec.
>> >
>> >  What is the best way to achieve that? Use \definehead or another command?
>>
> \defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes,way=bysection]

Thank you Aditya, but the result is rather shoking )
Please, try

\starttext
\defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Вправа, way=bysection,
width=broad]

\exercise{Розрахунок кривої, яка з'єднує три точки на площині}
\stoptext

The "Вправа" is putted twice, next time inside some strange brackets.
The text gets out of the page.

How to setup so that numeration will be done by subsection (1.1, 1.2, etc.)?

Reards,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: Suppress section numbering for first section
       [not found] <mailman.187.1257061183.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-01 12:53 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-01 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you Aditya, this works. And I had this solution in mind too, just
was not sure that is is good to mess subjects with sections )
>> How to suppress numbering solely for Introduction section? Strange, but my
>> >  elegant solution does not work:
>> >
>> >  \section[number=no]{INTRO}
>>
> \subject{Intro} ??

Best wishes,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: Setup math for times typescript
       [not found] <mailman.187.1257061183.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-01 13:06 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-01 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 01.11.2009 9:39, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:
> It should have been like in TeX Gyre (type-tmf.tex):
>
> \starttypescript [myfont]
>      \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [rm] [serif] [times] [default]
>      \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [mm] [math]  [times] [default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \usetypescript[myfont]
> \setupbodyfont[myfont,20pt]
>
> unless something is interfering ... (I didn't try type-win.)

OK, after playing with it, I get the the math (at least greek and latin
letters). But why are they not slanted?
Please see the attachment. Source for the formula is

$$(х−х_1)/(х_2−х_1)=(у−у1)/у2−у1),$$

Regards,
Vyatcheslav

[-- Attachment #2: Pages from tupicin.pdf --]

* Re: Define exercise captions
@ 2009-11-01 23:51   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-01 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>>> I need to define a Exercise command that will enumerate exercises and
> provide

> command?
>>>
>> \defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes,way=bysection]
>>

> Thank you Aditya, but the result is rather shoking )
> Please, try
>
> \starttext
> \defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Вправа, way=bysection,
> width=broad]
>
> \exercise{Розрахунок кривої, яка з'єднує три точки на площині}
> \stoptext
>

> The "Вправа" is putted twice, next time inside some strange brackets.
> The text gets out of the page.

Looks like a bug in mkiv. Hans, text need to be handled differently in
descriptions and enumerations.

> How to setup so that numeration will be done by subsection (1.1, 1.2, etc.)?

prefix=yes,

Aditya

* Re: Define exercise captions
       [not found] <mailman.266.1257343765.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-04 23:53 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-04 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Please, disregard my last question about enumeration setup. Now I know
more and created definition that works fine for me:

\defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Вправа, prefix=yes,

prefixset=section, titleleft=, titleright=, after=,
inbetween={\blank[medium]}]

The trick is that after sets space after the next paragraph text. I
wonder why http://texshow.contextgarden.net/cmd/setupenumerations is empty.

Regards,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: Define exercise captions
@ 2009-11-04 23:34   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-04 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Thank you, Aditya, for help!
>
> My further questions:
>
> Why after={}or after= does not remove the space between enumeration
> caption and next paragraph?
>
> For example:
>
> \defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Вправа, prefix=yes,
>
> prefixset=section, titleleft=, titleright=, after=]
>

> \exercise{Розрахунок кривої, яка плавно з'єднує заданий відрізок та
> точку на площині}Якщо нам потрібно з'єднати, наприклад, відрізок, який
> лежить...
>
> produces blank line after the caption.

Change location=top (the default) to location=serried.

> Now you probably think that giving me advise to use enumerations was not
> good idea ))

Its alright as long as you add something about enumerations to the wiki :)

Aditya

* Re: Define exercise captions
       [not found] <mailman.204.1257107753.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-04 22:36 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-04 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you, Aditya, for help!

My further questions:

Why after={}or after= does not remove the space between enumeration
caption and next paragraph?

For example:

\defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Вправа, prefix=yes,

prefixset=section, titleleft=, titleright=, after=]

\exercise{Розрахунок кривої, яка плавно з'єднує заданий відрізок та
точку на площині}Якщо нам потрібно з'єднати, наприклад, відрізок, який
лежить...

produces blank line after the caption.

Could we have all the switches listed in tex-show, btw?

@ 2009-11-03  6:43   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-03  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>>> I want to be only
>>> Exercise<SectionNumber>.<ExerciseNumber>, like 1.1, 1.2, etc.
>>>
>> You may try prefixset=section.
>>

> Thank you, Longmin, for your suggestion, it works! But other problems
> persist.
>
> Hans (or someone else who can fix it), please, look into my minimal example:
>

> \defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Exercise, prefix=yes,
> prefixset=section, width=fit] %way=bysection,
>
> \starttext
> \exercise{Bla-bla-bla Bla-bla-bla Bla-bla-bla Bla-bla-bla Bla-bla-bla
> Bla-bla-bla}
>
> Bla-bla-bla
> \stoptext
>

> 1) the text is framed in odd manner and goes out of the page

I don't know what you mean by this.

> 2) the caption text is put into unexpected round brackets

That is the expected behaviour. If you do not want the brackets, you can
add

titleleft=, titleright=

> 3) the word "Exercise" is repeated twice, second time inside brackets before
> caption text.

This is already fixed in the latest beta.

Aditya

* Re: Define exercise captions
       [not found] <mailman.226.1257181202.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-02 23:13 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-02 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
>> I want to be only
>> Exercise<SectionNumber>.<ExerciseNumber>, like 1.1, 1.2, etc.
>>
> You may try prefixset=section.

Thank you, Longmin, for your suggestion, it works! But other problems
persist.

Hans (or someone else who can fix it), please, look into my minimal example:

\defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Exercise, prefix=yes,
prefixset=section, width=fit] %way=bysection,

\starttext
\exercise{Bla-bla-bla Bla-bla-bla Bla-bla-bla Bla-bla-bla Bla-bla-bla
Bla-bla-bla}

Bla-bla-bla
\stoptext

1) the text is framed in odd manner and goes out of the page

2) the caption text is put into unexpected round brackets

3) the word "Exercise" is repeated twice, second time inside brackets
before caption text.

Please, fix it because I use it. If it's impossible at the moment,
please, suggest me another way of achieving this.

Reagards,
Vyatchelsav

* Re: Define exercise captions
@ 2009-11-02 14:30   ` Longmin Wang
From: Longmin Wang @ 2009-11-02 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 01:31:02PM +0200, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
>Hello Aditya,
>
>Thanks for help again. However, the result is far from OK.
>
>[title=yes, text=Вправа, way=bysection, prefix=yes, width=broad]
>
>I use enumeration within subsubsection, namely 1.3.1. If I put
>prefix=yes, the first exercise is 1.3.1.1. That is, it is numbered
>within subsubsection, while I want to be only
><SectionNumber>.<ExerciseNumber>, like 1.1, 1.2, etc.

You may try prefixset=section.

>I suspected that [way=bysection] key does the job but it does nothing in
>this case.
>
>And another major issue is: why the text is put in the frame and is
>either a few centimenters wide (without width=broad) or goes out of the
>page (with width=broad)? I need just ordinary paragraph.
>
>>> Please, try
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Вправа, way=bysection,
>>> width=broad]
>>>
>>> \exercise{Розрахунок кривої, яка з'єднує три точки на площині}
>>> \stoptext
>>>

>>> The "Вправа" is putted twice, next time inside some strange brackets.
>>> The text gets out of the page.
>>
>> Looks like a bug in mkiv. Hans, text need to be handled differently in
>> descriptions and enumerations.
>>
>>> How to setup so that numeration will be done by subsection (1.1, 1.2,
>>> etc.)?
>>
>> prefix=yes,
>
>Thanks, Vyatcheslav

Longmin Wang <longminwang@gmail.com>
Math. Dept., Nankai Univ., China
http://math.nankai.edu.cn/~wanglm/
GnuPG-Key ID: 1024D/2A5CFA5C
Fingerprint: 8587 1246 3AAD C185 D419  ADF1 B620 D8B8 2A5C FA5C

* Re: Define exercise captions
       [not found] <mailman.209.1257146344.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-02 11:31 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-02 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Aditya,

Thanks for help again. However, the result is far from OK.

[title=yes, text=Вправа, way=bysection, prefix=yes, width=broad]

I use enumeration within subsubsection, namely 1.3.1. If I put
prefix=yes, the first exercise is 1.3.1.1. That is, it is numbered
within subsubsection, while I want to be only
<SectionNumber>.<ExerciseNumber>, like 1.1, 1.2, etc.

I suspected that [way=bysection] key does the job but it does nothing in
this case.

And another major issue is: why the text is put in the frame and is
either a few centimenters wide (without width=broad) or goes out of the
page (with width=broad)? I need just ordinary paragraph.

>> Please, try
>>
>> \starttext
>> \defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Вправа, way=bysection,
>> width=broad]
>>
>> \exercise{Розрахунок кривої, яка з'єднує три точки на площині}
>> \stoptext
>>

>> The "Вправа" is putted twice, next time inside some strange brackets.
>> The text gets out of the page.
>
> Looks like a bug in mkiv. Hans, text need to be handled differently in
> descriptions and enumerations.
>
>> How to setup so that numeration will be done by subsection (1.1, 1.2,
>> etc.)?
>
> prefix=yes,

Thanks, Vyatcheslav

* Re: Define exercise captions
@ 2009-11-01  1:34   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-01  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to define a Exercise command that will enumerate exercises and provide
> captions.
>
> For example,
>
> \exercise{Conversion from hex to dec}
>
> should produce
>
> Exercise 1.1. Conversion from hex to dec.
>
> What is the best way to achieve that? Use \definehead or another command?

\defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes,way=bysection]

Aditya

* Define exercise captions
       [not found] <mailman.183.1257007130.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-01  0:34 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-01  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I need to define a Exercise command that will enumerate exercises and
provide captions.

For example,

\exercise{Conversion from hex to dec}

should produce

Exercise 1.1. Conversion from hex to dec.

What is the best way to achieve that? Use \definehead or another command?

Best regards,
Vyatcheslav