* \getfiguredimensions again in mkiv
@ 2009-11-09 20:36 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-09 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

Something is also wrong with getting the width and height of a figure in
mkiv. Minimal example:

\starttext
\getfiguredimensions[filename]
\figurewidth
\figureheight
\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: \getfiguredimensions again in mkiv
@ 2009-11-19 16:44 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-19 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

This request was lost in traffic.

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Hans,
>
> Something is also wrong with getting the width and height of a figure in
> mkiv. Minimal example:
>
> \starttext
> \getfiguredimensions[filename]
> \figurewidth
> \figureheight
> \stoptext

To be precise, I get 0sp 0sp as output, rather than the correct dimensions
of the figure.

@ 2009-11-19 21:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-19 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This request was lost in traffic.
>
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Hans,
>>
>> Something is also wrong with getting the width and height of a figure
>> in mkiv. Minimal example:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \getfiguredimensions[filename]
>> \figurewidth
>> \figureheight
>> \stoptext
>
> To be precise, I get 0sp 0sp as output, rather than the correct
> dimensions of the figure.

fixed in next beta

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-19 23:04     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-19 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This request was lost in traffic.
>>
>> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> Something is also wrong with getting the width and height of a figure in
>>> mkiv. Minimal example:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \getfiguredimensions[filename]
>>> \figurewidth
>>> \figureheight
>>> \stoptext
>>
>> To be precise, I get 0sp 0sp as output, rather than the correct dimensions
>> of the figure.
>
> fixed in next beta

Thanks.

@ 2010-01-03  2:30     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-01-03  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This request was lost in traffic.
>>
>> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> Something is also wrong with getting the width and height of a figure in
>>> mkiv. Minimal example:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \getfiguredimensions[filename]
>>> \figurewidth
>>> \figureheight
>>> \stoptext
>>
>> To be precise, I get 0sp 0sp as output, rather than the correct dimensions
>> of the figure.
>
> fixed in next beta

The results in MkII and MkIV are inconsistent. Minimal example:

\setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}]
\starttext
\getfiguredimensions[cow]

\startlines
width: \figurewidth
height:\figureheight
\stoplines
\stoptext

In MkII I get,

width: 276.03125pt
height: 200.75pt

In MkIV I get,

width: 7592528sp
height: 5694396sp

which translates to (why doesn't MkIV use pt as units?)

width:115.85pt
height:86.889pt

I don't know if this is a bug in grph-inc.lua or in luatex.

@ 2010-01-03 11:24       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-01-03 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3-1-2010 3:30, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> In MkII I get,
>
> width: 276.03125pt
> height: 200.75pt
>
> In MkIV I get,
>
> width: 7592528sp
> height: 5694396sp
>
> which translates to (why doesn't MkIV use pt as units?)
>
> width:115.85pt
> height:86.889pt

 > I don't know if this is a bug in grph-inc.lua or in luatex.

i'll look into it

concerning pt ... tex internally uses sp so this is what mkiv uses
in tex-lua communications

you can use:

\startlines
width:  \the\dimexpr\figurewidth\relax
height: \the\dimexpr\figureheight\relax
\stoplines

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: \getfiguredimensions again in mkiv
@ 2010-02-23 18:17       ` Aditya Mahajan
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-02-23 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This request was lost in traffic.

>>> To be precise, I get 0sp 0sp as output, rather than the correct dimensions
>>> of the figure.
>>
>> fixed in next beta
>
> The results in MkII and MkIV are inconsistent. Minimal example:

This is still wrong. Using the following example,

> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}]
> \starttext
> \getfiguredimensions[cow]
>
> \startlines
> width: \the\dimexpr\figurewidth\relax
> height: \the\dimexpr\figureheight\relax
> \stoplines
> \stoptext
>
> In MkII I get,
>
> width: 276.03125pt
> height: 200.75pt
>
> In MkIV I get,
>
> width: 200.75pt
> height: 200.75pt

It appears that the dimension for width is being used for height. I could
not find an obvious mistake in grph-inc.

@ 2010-02-23 18:21         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-02-23 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>> In MkII I get,
>>
>> width: 276.03125pt
>> height: 200.75pt
>>
>> In MkIV I get,
>>
>> width: 200.75pt
>> height: 200.75pt
>
> It appears that the dimension for width is being used for height.

I mean that the dimension for height is being used for width.

@ 2010-02-23 19:38         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-02-23 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.02.10 19:17, schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
> It appears that the dimension for width is being used for height. I
> could not find an obvious mistake in grph-inc.
For unscaled images you can use \figurenaturalwidth and
\figurenaturalheight.

Wolfgang

* Re: \getfiguredimensions again in mkiv
@ 2010-02-23 19:43           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-02-23 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 23.02.10 19:17, schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>> It appears that the dimension for width is being used for height. I could
>> not find an obvious mistake in grph-inc.
> For unscaled images you can use \figurenaturalwidth and \figurenaturalheight.

Ah, thanks.

@ 2010-02-23 22:36         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-23 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23-2-2010 19:17, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}]
> \starttext
> \getfiguredimensions[cow]
>
> \startlines
> width: \the\dimexpr\figurewidth\relax
> height: \the\dimexpr\figureheight\relax
> \stoplines
> \stoptext

hm, i get

width: 276.03125pt
height: 200.75pt

in mkiv

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-02-23 23:00           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-02-23 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 23-2-2010 19:17, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}]
>> \starttext
>> \getfiguredimensions[cow]
>>
>> \startlines
>> width: \the\dimexpr\figurewidth\relax
>> height: \the\dimexpr\figureheight\relax
>> \stoplines
>> \stoptext
>
> hm, i get
>
> width: 276.03125pt
> height: 200.75pt
>
> in mkiv

I was using 2010.02.09. The current version, 2010.02.23 works fine. Sorry
about the noise.

Aditya