* problem with t-filter/t-vim
@ 2010-10-19  7:57 Chen Shen
From: Chen Shen @ 2010-10-19  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Adityam,

I am using the t-filter/t-vim module, and got stuck with two problems with
it.
1. everything works fine if there is only one \definevimtyping declaration.
However, if i declare two of them, as in the following:

%%%%%%%
\definevimtyping[PythonCode][syntax=python]
\definevimtyping[CPPCode][syntax=cpp]

\startPythonCode
... % Code A
\stopPythonCode

\startPythonCode
... % Code B
\stopPythonCode
%%%%%%%

The counter for the temporary files is never incremented. So there is only
"jobname-externalfilter-PythonCode-0.tmp" in the directory.
Consequently, Code B appears twice in the produced PDF, while Code A never
appears.

2. Every line in the Python code becomes a new paragraph in ConTeXt. I
wonder if this could be changed.
I am using \setupwitespace[line], so the spacing between two lines of source
is too large.

I am using the dev/ branch in the github repository.
Thank you very much.

regards,
shenchen

* Re: problem with t-filter/t-vim
@ 2010-10-19 14:02 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-10-19 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Chen Shen wrote:

> I am using the t-filter/t-vim module, and got stuck with two problems with
> it.
> 1. everything works fine if there is only one \definevimtyping declaration.
> However, if i declare two of them, as in the following:
>
> %%%%%%%
> \definevimtyping[PythonCode][syntax=python]
> \definevimtyping[CPPCode][syntax=cpp]
>
> \startPythonCode
> ... % Code A
> \stopPythonCode
>
> \startPythonCode
> ... % Code B
> \stopPythonCode
> %%%%%%%
>
> The counter for the temporary files is never incremented. So there is only
> "jobname-externalfilter-PythonCode-0.tmp" in the directory.
> Consequently, Code B appears twice in the produced PDF, while Code A never
> appears.

A grouping bug. Does it work with the latest version from the deb branch.

> 2. Every line in the Python code becomes a new paragraph in ConTeXt. I
> wonder if this could be changed.
> I am using \setupwitespace[line], so the spacing between two lines of source
> is too large.

That is by design. Currently, 2context.vim simply adds some markup, and
the resutant file is read using

\startlines
\stoplines

\start-stop-lines converts each line to a paragraph. You can try

\startsetups vim:setups
\setupwhitespace[none]
\stopsetups

\setupvimtyping[setups=vim:setups]