* context export
@ 2010-11-07 18:34 Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2010-11-07 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Hans,

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:23:37 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Hi Manfred,
>
> some reading ... it should not be to hard to map the xml onto
> html ... relevant details are in attributes

Hmm, but I would need to have a dtd or schema file in order write a
transformation (xslt or so) to html.

The other possibility would be to make the html creation an iterative
process along the creation of the context document. I'd would prefer
the first possibility, though.

Instead of using xslt I also could code the transformation in Lua. What
xml lib do you recommend to use in Lua?

Currently, I have no time to code the xml --> htmp conversion.
However, considering above ideas I could start with markdown as
discussed in the other thread which has limitations but gives me a
context source for free as a starting point.

--
Thanks,
Manfred

* Re: context export
@ 2010-11-07 21:05 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-11-07 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010, Manfred Lotz wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:23:37 +0100
> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi Manfred,
>>
>> some reading ... it should not be to hard to map the xml onto
>> html ... relevant details are in attributes
>>

> Hmm, but I would need to have a dtd or schema file in order write a
> transformation (xslt or so) to html.

No. I think that Hans meant that you should be able to generate an html
document directly out of context (instead of the xml document that is
currently generated).

> The other possibility would be to make the html creation an iterative
> process along the creation of the context document. I'd would prefer
> the first possibility, though.

Another possibility is to just write html (rather xhtml) and process it
directly in ConTeXt. See the XML manual and Thomas's MyWay on processing
XHML.

> Instead of using xslt I also could code the transformation in Lua. What
> xml lib do you recommend to use in Lua?

I don't know about the lua librarties.

> Currently, I have no time to code the xml --> htmp conversion.

In the long run, if you want multiple formats for a document that is
slightly complicated, translating the input to xml is the easiest
solution.

> However, considering above ideas I could start with markdown as
> discussed in the other thread which has limitations but gives me a
> context source for free as a starting point.

You can also consider richer ascii markups: rst and asciidoc.
Unfortunately, pandoc only has partial support for rst, and the default
tools for rst and asciidoc do not export to context.

Aditya