* TABLE in a flow chart
@ 2011-01-14  5:00 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-01-14  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to include a TABLE in a flow chart, but the table is shifted by an
offset. Any ideas on how to get rid of the offset

\usemodule[chart]

\setupFLOWcharts[nx=1,ny=1,width=3cm,height=2cm]

\setupTABLE[each][each][height=1cm]

\startFLOWchart[test]
   \startFLOWcell
     \name{test}
     \location{1,1}
     \shape{action}
     \text
       {\bTABLE
         \bTR
           \bTD[width=3cm] One \eTD
         \eTR
         \bTR
           \bTD Two \eTD
         \eTR
       \eTABLE}
   \stopFLOWcell
\stopFLOWchart

\starttext

\startTEXpage
   \FLOWchart[test]
\stopTEXpage

\stoptext

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: TABLE in a flow chart
@ 2011-01-14 11:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-14 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14-1-2011 6:00, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to include a TABLE in a flow chart, but the table is shifted by
> an offset. Any ideas on how to get rid of the offset
>
> \usemodule[chart]
>
> \setupFLOWcharts[nx=1,ny=1,width=3cm,height=2cm]
>
> \setupTABLE[each][each][height=1cm]
>
> \startFLOWchart[test]
> \startFLOWcell
> \name{test}
> \location{1,1}
> \shape{action}
> \text
> {\bTABLE
> \bTR
> \bTD[width=3cm] One \eTD
> \eTR
> \bTR
> \bTD Two \eTD
> \eTR
> \eTABLE}
> \stopFLOWcell
> \stopFLOWchart
>
> \starttext
>
> \startTEXpage
> \FLOWchart[test]
> \stopTEXpage
>
> \stoptext

for the moment use

\bTD[width=\hsize]

what you observe is an offset

you can also try to wrap the table in \centerbox{...}

(still a bit too high for the shape)

I'll redo this module in a more mkiv-ish way

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: TABLE in a flow chart
@ 2011-01-14 15:58   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-01-14 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 14-1-2011 6:00, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to include a TABLE in a flow chart, but the table is shifted by
>> an offset. Any ideas on how to get rid of the offset
>>
>> \usemodule[chart]
>>
>> \setupFLOWcharts[nx=1,ny=1,width=3cm,height=2cm]
>>
>> \setupTABLE[each][each][height=1cm]
>>
>> \startFLOWchart[test]
>> \startFLOWcell
>> \name{test}
>> \location{1,1}
>> \shape{action}
>> \text
>> {\bTABLE
>> \bTR
>> \bTD[width=3cm] One \eTD
>> \eTR
>> \bTR
>> \bTD Two \eTD
>> \eTR
>> \eTABLE}
>> \stopFLOWcell
>> \stopFLOWchart
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startTEXpage
>> \FLOWchart[test]
>> \stopTEXpage
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> for the moment use
>
> \bTD[width=\hsize]

I actually want multiple cells, so width=\hsize is not convinient.

> what you observe is an offset

Thanks.

\setupFLOWshapes[offset=none]

gets rid of the offset.

> I'll redo this module in a more mkiv-ish way

That will be great. When you look at it, can you also see if you can add
the following features:

* set colors of individual shapes: maybe

   \defineFLOWshape[important][prodedure]

   \startFLOWcell
   \shape{important}
   \stopFLOWcell

   I know about focus, but sometimes you want more than two colors.

* Define different line types (start arrow, end arrow, and line style
(dashed, dotted, etc)). For example, be able to have one solid line and
one dashed line.

* Define shapes of different sizes (even if they are in multiples of the
basic width and height).

And perhaps have a more ConTeXtish interface to draw flowcharts.

\startFLOWchart
\defineFLOWcell
   [one]
   [location={..},shape={...}, color={...}, style={...},
    background={...}, backgroundcolor={...},
    framecolor={...}, framethickness={...}]
   {text}

\defineFLOWcell
   [two]

\defineFLOWlinealternative[linealternative]
      [start=diamond,stop=arrow,style=dotted]

\FLOWline[one][two]
      [from={t},to={-b},color=...,thickness=...,
       alternative=linealternative, %defined above
      ]
\stopFLOWchart

Thanks,
Aditya