* no pdf output using `texexec --lua hello.tex`
@ 2011-01-25 16:36 Paul Menzel
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Paul Menzel @ 2011-01-25 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear ConTeXt folks,

I am still trying to get ConTeXt Minimals up and running. I am using the
hello world sample from the Wiki [1].

The following command does not produce any output.

        $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec --lua hello.tex
        MTXrun | kpse fallback with progname 'context' initialized in 0.06 seconds
        TeXExec | processing document 'hello.tex'
        TeXExec | no ctx file found
        TeXExec | tex processing method: context
        TeXExec | TeX run 1
        TeXExec | writing option file hello.top
        TeXExec | using randomseed 798
        TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
        TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
        LuaTools | using format name: /home/joe/luatex-cache/context/6300afb4995fe38c77e9b86ed1ef1028/formats/cont-en.fmt
        LuaTools | no luc/lua with name: /home/joe/luatex-cache/context/6300afb4995fe38c77e9b86ed1ef1028/formats/cont-en
        LuaTools |
        LuaTools | runtime: 0.013 seconds

        TeXUtil | unable to locate hello.tui
        TeXUtil | shortcuts : 0
        TeXUtil | expansions: 0
        TeXUtil | reductions: 0
        TeXUtil | divisions : 0
        TeXUtil | loaded files: 0
        TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
        TeXUtil | commands: 0
        TeXUtil | programs: 0
        TeXUtil | tuo file saved
        TeXExec | runtime: 0.092218

I ran `./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec --make --all` beforehand too as in
advised in the bugs and workarounds Wiki page.

Do you have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/First_Document
[2] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bugs_and_workarounds

* Re: no pdf output using `texexec --lua hello.tex`
@ 2011-01-25 16:39 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-01-25 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt folks,
>

> I am still trying to get ConTeXt Minimals up and running. I am using the
> hello world sample from the Wiki [1].
>
> The following command does not produce any output.
>
>        $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec --lua hello.tex
try
     $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/context hello.tex

--
luigi

* Re: no pdf output using `texexec --lua hello.tex`
@ 2011-01-25 16:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-25 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-1-2011 5:36, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt folks,
>

> I am still trying to get ConTeXt Minimals up and running. I am using the
> hello world sample from the Wiki [1].
>
> The following command does not produce any output.
>
>          $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec --lua hello.tex

use

context hello.tex

i will remove the lua flag from texexec

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-01-25 16:41   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-01-25 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:39 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Paul Menzel
> <paulepanter@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Dear ConTeXt folks,
>>

>> I am still trying to get ConTeXt Minimals up and running. I am using the
>> hello world sample from the Wiki [1].
>>
>> The following command does not produce any output.
>>
>>        $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec --lua hello.tex
> try
>     $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/context hello.tex
and then try
$ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec  hello.tex

Do you see some differences ?

--
luigi

* Re: no pdf output using `texexec --lua hello.tex`
@ 2011-01-25 16:45 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-01-25 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Paul Menzel wrote:

> I am still trying to get ConTeXt Minimals up and running. I am using the
> hello world sample from the Wiki [1].

Try

   context hello

If that does not work, run

   mtxrun --generate

and then run context.

Aditya

* Re: no pdf output using `texexec --lua hello.tex`
@ 2011-01-25 16:57     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-25 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-1-2011 5:41, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:39 PM, luigi scarso<luigi.scarso@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Paul Menzel
>> <paulepanter@users.sourceforge.net>  wrote:
>>> Dear ConTeXt folks,
>>>

>>> I am still trying to get ConTeXt Minimals up and running. I am using the
>>> hello world sample from the Wiki [1].
>>>
>>> The following command does not produce any output.
>>>
>>>         $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec --lua hello.tex
>> try
>>      $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/context hello.tex
> and then try
> $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec  hello.tex
>
> Do you see some differences ?

the texexec luatex related code is pretty old and uses luatools for
making formats and so ... dates from the first months of luatex .. i
removed all traces from the ruby scripts

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-01-25 17:02       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-01-25 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 25-1-2011 5:41, luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:39 PM, luigi scarso<luigi.scarso@gmail.com>
>>  wrote:

>>> try
>>>     $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/context hello.tex
>>
>> and then try
>> $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec  hello.tex
>>
>> Do you see some differences ?
>
> the texexec luatex related code is pretty old and uses luatools for making
> formats and so ... dates from the first months of luatex .. i removed all
> traces from the ruby scripts

I mean that texexec is related only with  mkii
--
luigi

* Re: no pdf output using `texexec --lua hello.tex`
@ 2011-01-25 18:08         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-25 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-1-2011 6:02, luigi scarso wrote:

> I mean that texexec is related only with  mkii

indeed, but it still had code for --luatex which was not working right
which in turn can be confusing

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: [solved] no pdf output using `texexec --lua hello.tex`
@ 2011-01-25 23:51   ` Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2011-01-25 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context