* startMPgraphic?
@ 2011-01-31 13:08 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-01-31 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

I just started the conversion of my presentation sheets to ConTeXt mkIV. As could be expected, some inconsistencies will turn up. However this one escapes me. What I am missing that
   \startMPgraphic
results in
   ! Undefined control sequence.

I thought that installing the minimals of ConTeXt-beta also installed the metafun module. Or has this one macro been deprecated?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: startMPgraphic?
@ 2011-01-31 14:14 ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-01-31 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some further digging brings to ligt that my metapost files cannot be found by the luatex run.
The following is hown in the log:

mplib           : initializing instance 'metafun' using format 'metafun'
mplib           : loading 'metafun.mp' (experimental metapost version two)
mplib           > mp terminal: ! I can't open file `hvdm'.
<*> ...core : input mp-core.mp ; fi ; ;\input hvdm
                                                   def init_pens = pickup pe...
Please type another input file name

Now that is strange, because looking into the ls-R in texmf-local I see them present:

./tex/context/user/metapost:
.DS_Store
.svn
hvdm.mp
mygraph.mp

So, why is hvdm.mp not found? Other files mentioned in ls-R, for example:
./tex/context/user/context-user:
hvdm-cas.tex
hvdm-dvd.tex
etcetera, are indeed found.

By the way, why are all the .svn (subversion) directories included in ls-R? Cannot .svn/* be excluded?

Hans van der Meer

On 31 jan 2011, at 14:08, Hans van der Meer wrote:

> I just started the conversion of my presentation sheets to ConTeXt mkIV. As could be expected, some inconsistencies will turn up. However this one escapes me. What I am missing that
>   \startMPgraphic
> results in
>   ! Undefined control sequence.
>
> I thought that installing the minimals of ConTeXt-beta also installed the metafun module. Or has this one macro been deprecated?
>
> Hans van der Meer

* Re: startMPgraphic?
@ 2011-01-31 15:17   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-31 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31-1-2011 3:14, Hans van der Meer wrote:
> Some further digging brings to ligt that my metapost files cannot be found by the luatex run.
> The following is hown in the log:
>
> mplib           : initializing instance 'metafun' using format 'metafun'
> mplib           : loading 'metafun.mp' (experimental metapost version two)
> mplib>  mp terminal: ! I can't open file `hvdm'.
> <*>  ...core : input mp-core.mp ; fi ; ;\input hvdm
                                           ^

\input for an mp file?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: startMPgraphic?
@ 2011-01-31 16:51   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-01-31 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Hans van der Meer wrote:

> Now that is strange, because looking into the ls-R in texmf-local I see them present:
>
> ./tex/context/user/metapost:
> .DS_Store
> .svn
> hvdm.mp
> mygraph.mp

That is a strange location for mp files, which are usually stored in
$TEXMF/metapost/.... (and not in $TEXMF/tex/context/...). So, you should
either move the files to a more traditional location, or modify MPINPUTS
to also search in tex/context/ subtree.

Aditya