* Latest beta, simpleslides, and font loading
@ 2011-02-03  7:16 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-02-03  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the latest beta if I use the simplefonts module, the font database is
regenerated at each run! For example, this file

For example with this file:

\usemodule  [simplefonts][size=10pt]
\setmainfont[Cambria]
\setmathfont[Cambria]

\starttext
\input knuth
\stoptext

the font database is regenerated at each run. If I replace the
simplefonts setup with

\setupbodyfont[cambria,10pt]

the database is not regenerated. Any idea what is going wrong?

(In my actual document, I am using system fonts, I would like to use
simpleslides module rather than write my own typescript).

Aditya

* Re: Latest beta, simpleslides, and font loading
@ 2011-02-03  7:49 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-02-03  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.02.2011 um 08:16 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> In the latest beta if I use the simplefonts module, the font database is regenerated at each run! For example, this file
>
> For example with this file:
>
> \usemodule  [simplefonts][size=10pt]
> \setmainfont[Cambria]
> \setmathfont[Cambria]
>
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> the font database is regenerated at each run. If I replace the simplefonts setup with
>
> \setupbodyfont[cambria,10pt]
>
> the database is not regenerated. Any idea what is going wrong?

Here is a minimal example:

\starttext
\doiffontpresentelse{cambria}{yes}{no}
\doiffontpresentelse{unknown}{yes}{no}
\stoptext

Simplefonts tries a lot of name combinations (e.g. cambriaregular) with
the \doiffontpresentelse command to look if a font exists to find all
styles (regular, italic etc.) and now when when a entry in the database
with this name does not exist (second test above for 'unknown') context
regenerates the database.

> (In my actual document, I am using system fonts, I would like to use simpleslides module rather than write my own typescript).

Is this a option for you:

\definetypeface[mainface][rm][specserif][DejaVu Serif][default]
\definetypeface[mainface][ss][specsans] [DejaVu Sans] [default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

Wolfgang

* Re: Latest beta, simpleslides, and font loading
@ 2011-02-03  9:07   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-03  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3-2-2011 8:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Here is a minimal example:
>
> \starttext
> \doiffontpresentelse{cambria}{yes}{no}
> \doiffontpresentelse{unknown}{yes}{no}
> \stoptext

This is controlled by a directive. I will make that default, but because
users can configure it in their configuration file, maybe you should
force in in simplefonts:

\enabledirectives[fonts.autoreload]

That way you will only get a new scan when the mtxrun --generate has
happened.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-02-03 11:37     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-02-03 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.02.2011 um 10:07 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 3-2-2011 8:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Here is a minimal example:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \doiffontpresentelse{cambria}{yes}{no}
>> \doiffontpresentelse{unknown}{yes}{no}
>> \stoptext
>
> This is controlled by a directive. I will make that default, but because users can configure it in their configuration file, maybe you should force in in simplefonts:
>
> \enabledirectives[fonts.autoreload]
>
> That way you will only get a new scan when the mtxrun --generate has happened.

Done.

Wolfgang

* Re: Latest beta, simpleslides, and font loading
@ 2011-02-03 12:59     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-02-03 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 3-2-2011 8:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Here is a minimal example:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \doiffontpresentelse{cambria}{yes}{no}
>> \doiffontpresentelse{unknown}{yes}{no}
>> \stoptext
>
> This is controlled by a directive. I will make that default, but because
> users can configure it in their configuration file, maybe you should force in
> in simplefonts:
>
> \enabledirectives[fonts.autoreload]
>
> That way you will only get a new scan when the mtxrun --generate has
> happened.

Thanks. That works perfectly.

Aditya