* Question regarding registertempfile
@ 2011-02-23 21:14 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-02-23 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Currently, luat-run.lua defines registertempfile as:

function luatex.registertempfile(name)
     name = name .. ".mkiv-tmp" -- maybe just .tmp
     if trace_temp_files and not tempfiles[name] then
         report_tempfiles("registering temporary file: %s",name)
     end
     tempfiles[name] = true
     return name
end

Can you remove the first line of this function? (That is, do not modify
the name at all). This will allow me to use this functionality to remove
temporary files created by t-filter and t-vim. These files, do not end in
.mkiv-tmp or .tmp.

Thanks
Aditya

* Re: Question regarding registertempfile
@ 2011-02-24  7:51 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-02-24  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Currently, luat-run.lua defines registertempfile as:
>
> function luatex.registertempfile(name)
>    name = name .. ".mkiv-tmp" -- maybe just .tmp
>    if trace_temp_files and not tempfiles[name] then
>        report_tempfiles("registering temporary file: %s",name)
>    end
>    tempfiles[name] = true
>    return name
> end
>
> Can you remove the first line of this function? (That is, do not modify the
> name at all). This will allow me to use this functionality to remove
> temporary files created by t-filter and t-vim. These files, do not end in
> .mkiv-tmp or .tmp.
why not ?
--
luigi

* Re: Question regarding registertempfile
@ 2011-02-24 21:31   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-02-24 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, luigi scarso wrote:

>> Can you remove the first line of this function? (That is, do not modify the
>> name at all). This will allow me to use this functionality to remove
>> temporary files created by t-filter and t-vim. These files, do not end in
>> .mkiv-tmp or .tmp.
> why not ?

Because mtxrun --ifchanged generates a .md5 file. It is easier to change
the behaviour of registertempfile than changing the behaviour of mtxrun
--ifchanged.

Aditya