* Process remaining floats
@ 2011-07-18 22:23 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-07-18 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a command that will flush all unprocessed floats. For example,
consider the following:

%--------

text 1

\placefigure[fig:1]{...}{...}

\FLUSHALLFLOATS

text 2

%-----------

I don't want text 2 to be placed unless fig:1 has been processed (even if
it means an under filled page).

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: Process remaining floats
@ 2011-07-18 23:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-07-18 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-7-2011 12:23, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a command that will flush all unprocessed floats. For example,
> consider the following:
>
> %--------
>
> text 1
>
> \placefigure[fig:1]{...}{...}
>
> \FLUSHALLFLOATS
>
> text 2
>
> %-----------
>
> I don't want text 2 to be placed unless fig:1 has been processed (even
> if it means an under filled page).

[always,here]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-07-19  1:50   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-07-19  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 19-7-2011 12:23, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a command that will flush all unprocessed floats. For example,
>> consider the following:
>>
>> %--------
>>
>> text 1
>>
>> \placefigure[fig:1]{...}{...}
>>
>> \FLUSHALLFLOATS
>>
>> text 2
>>
>> %-----------
>>
>> I don't want text 2 to be placed unless fig:1 has been processed (even
>> if it means an under filled page).
>
> [always,here]

Does not work as expected:

\starttext
\placefigure[here,nonumber]{The first fig}{\externalfigure[cow]}
\input tufte

\input ward

\placefigure[here,nonumber]{The second fig}{\externalfigure[cow]}
\placefigure[here,always,nonumber]{Another fig}{\externalfigure[mill]}
\input knuth

\stoptext

The mill is placed on the bottom of page 1, while the second cow is placed
on the top of page 2; so the figure order is reversed.

But more importantly, I don't want this "float barrier" to be a float
itself. I want it to be the end of a section so that all floats in a
section do not float to another section.

@ 2011-07-19  2:00     ` Glen Callaghan
From: Glen Callaghan @ 2011-07-19  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use \doflushfloats

Glen

@ 2011-07-19  2:20       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-07-19  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011, Glen Callaghan wrote:

> I use \doflushfloats

Thanks. This works perfectly!

@ 2011-08-08 17:47       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-08-08 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011, Glen Callaghan wrote:

> On 19/07/2011, at 11:50 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>> Is there a command that will flush all unprocessed floats.
>>
> I use \doflushfloats

Both MkII and MkIV define \placefloats to be same as \doflushfloats. I
think that, as a user command, \placefloats is easier to remember.

@ 2011-08-22  5:10         ` Glen Callaghan
From: Glen Callaghan @ 2011-08-22  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, that's much nicer… thanks   :-)