* Italic correction spoils XHTML-output
@ 2011-10-31 11:47 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2011-10-31 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I spotted an curious side effect while using italic correction together with the export feature. The XHTML-export has unwanted spaces while the PDF is fine.

\startbuffer[css]
highlight[detail=emph] { font-style: italic }
\stopbuffer
\savebuffer[css][test.css] % -> do not work!

\setupbackend[export=yes,xhtml=yes,css={test.css}]

\definefontfeature[default][default][itlc=yes]

\setupitaliccorrection[always] % not OK
% \setupitaliccorrection[always,global] % OK

\definehighlight[emph][style=\it]

\starttext
  \emph{example} % <highlight detail="emph">ex am ple</highlight>
\spottiest

Regards
	Andreas

PS. By composing this example I noticed that \savebuffer do nothing.

* Re: Italic correction spoils XHTML-output
@ 2011-10-31 12:36 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-10-31 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> PS. By composing this example I noticed that \savebuffer do nothing.

Unless something has changed recently, \savebuffer[buffer-list][filename]
concatenates all the buffers in `buffer-list` and saves them to the file
`\jobname-filename.tmp`.

In the filter module, I work around this limitation by using
\ctxlua{os.copy(...)}. Ideally, one should be able to use
\ctxlua{os.rename(...)} but os.rename does not work on Windows.

Aditya