* Reverse numbering
@ 2011-12-12 12:33 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-12-12 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

When using
	\startitemize[n,reverse]
one gets items numbered in reverse order. I wonder if this feature exists also for enumerations. An example is given below in which the last enumeration is written on top of the file and I wish it were possible to have the enumerations numbered in reverse order.

Thanks in advance for any insight: OK
PS: here is an example file:

%%%% enumeration-reverse.tex
\defineenumeration[Lecture]
	[location=hanging,
	text={Lecture n°},
	between=,
	before=,
	stopper={.},
	after= {\hrule\blank}]

\setupenumerations[Lecture][number=yes]
% \setupenumerations[Lecture][numbering=reverse] % this has no effect though…

\starttext

\startLecture Tuesday December 6th: Banach spaces.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\startLecture Tuesday November 29th: Norms.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\startLecture Tuesday November 22nd: Topological Vector Spaces.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\stoptext
%%% end enumeration-reverse.tex

* Re: Reverse numbering
@ 2011-12-12 13:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-12-12 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.12.2011 um 13:33 schrieb Otared Kavian:

> Hi all,
>
> When using
> 	\startitemize[n,reverse]
> one gets items numbered in reverse order. I wonder if this feature exists also for enumerations. An example is given below in which the last enumeration is written on top of the file and I wish it were possible to have the enumerations numbered in reverse order.

The numbering mechanism has indeed such a option but it seems to be not available for enumerations.

\definenumber[foo]
\definenumber[bar][numberorder=reverse]

\define\test
  {\incrementnumber[foo] \incrementnumber[bar]%
   \convertednumber[foo]:\convertednumber[bar]}

\starttext
\dorecurse{9}{\test\par}
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Reverse numbering
@ 2011-12-12 14:40   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-12-12 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for your attention: in fact you pointed out how to solve the problem…
Beginning with what you wrote, after a few trials and errors I ended up with the following which gives what I meant:
%%% begin reverse-enumeration.tex
\definenumber[ReverseNumberOrder][numberorder=reverse]

\defineenumeration[Lecture]
	[location=hanging,
	text={Lecture n° {\convertednumber[ReverseNumberOrder]}.},
	between=,
	before={\incrementnumber[ReverseNumberOrder]},
	number=no,
	after={\hrule\blank}]

\starttext

\startLecture Tuesday December 6th: Banach spaces.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\startLecture Tuesday November 29th: Norms.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\startLecture Tuesday November 22nd: Topological Vector Spaces.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\stoptext
%%% end reverse-enumeration.tex

Best regards: OK

On 12 déc. 2011, at 14:03, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 12.12.2011 um 13:33 schrieb Otared Kavian:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When using
>> 	\startitemize[n,reverse]
>> one gets items numbered in reverse order. I wonder if this feature exists also for enumerations. An example is given below in which the last enumeration is written on top of the file and I wish it were possible to have the enumerations numbered in reverse order.
>
> The numbering mechanism has indeed such a option but it seems to be not available for enumerations.
>
> \definenumber[foo]
> \definenumber[bar][numberorder=reverse]
>
> \define\test
>  {\incrementnumber[foo] \incrementnumber[bar]%
>   \convertednumber[foo]:\convertednumber[bar]}
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{9}{\test\par}
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Otared Kavian
Département de Mathématiques
Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin
Bâtiment Fermat
45 avenue des Etats Unis
78035 Versailles cedex

Téléphone: +33 1 39 25 46 42
Secrétariat: +33 1 39 25 46 44
Secrétariat: +33 1 39 25 46 46

e-mail: Otared.Kavian@math.uvsq.fr

* Re: Reverse numbering
@ 2011-12-13  6:39     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-12-13  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thank you for your attention: in fact you pointed out how to solve the problem…
> Beginning with what you wrote, after a few trials and errors I ended up with the following which gives what I meant:
> %%% begin reverse-enumeration.tex
> \definenumber[ReverseNumberOrder][numberorder=reverse]
>
> \defineenumeration[Lecture]
> 	[location=hanging,
> 	text={Lecture n° {\convertednumber[ReverseNumberOrder]}.},
> 	between=,
> 	before={\incrementnumber[ReverseNumberOrder]},
> 	number=no,
> 	after={\hrule\blank}]

Untested, but

\defineenumeration[Lecture][number=ReverseNumberOrder]

should also work.

Aditya

* Re: Reverse numbering
@ 2011-12-13  6:57       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-12-13  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 déc. 2011, at 07:39, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> […]
> Untested, but
>
> \defineenumeration[Lecture][number=ReverseNumberOrder]
>
> should also work.
>
> Aditya

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for the hint, but unfortunately it does not work as expected: no numbers show up.
Maybe there is a way by using « numberconversion », but I could not figure it out.

Best regards: OK

* Re: Reverse numbering
@ 2011-12-13  7:12         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-12-13  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)