* more indenting
@ 2012-03-16 15:38 Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2012-03-16 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm sure that someone is going to tell me that indenting is ugly, bad
typesetting practice.

But if I do want to use indenting, there are times when it should be
suppressed, perhaps automatically (like when immediately following a
heading, as is the current practice).

The minimal example below is another such situation:
\startquotation\stopquotation
\setupquotation [before=\noindent,after=\noindent]
would be one solution, but it does not work - maybe the syntax is
wrong; maybe I'm missing a critical \par. I haven't managed to figure
this out myself, looking at the source code. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Alan

% Minimal example:
\setupindenting [big,yes]
\setupquotation [before=\noindent] % no effect

\starttext
\input tufte
\startquotation
\input tufte
\stopquotation
\noindent
\input tufte
\stoptext

* Re: more indenting
@ 2012-03-16 16:01 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-03-16 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Alan Braslau <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
> I'm sure that someone is going to tell me that indenting is ugly, bad
> typesetting practice.
>
> But if I do want to use indenting, there are times when it should be
> suppressed, perhaps automatically (like when immediately following a
> heading, as is the current practice).
>
> The minimal example below is another such situation:
> \startquotation\stopquotation
> \setupquotation [before=\noindent,after=\noindent]
> would be one solution, but it does not work - maybe the syntax is
> wrong; maybe I'm missing a critical \par. I haven't managed to figure
> this out myself, looking at the source code. Any suggestions? Thanks!
>
> Alan
>

> % Minimal example:
> \setupindenting [big,yes]
> \setupquotation [before=\noindent] % no effect
>
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \startquotation
> \input tufte
> \stopquotation
> \noindent
> \input tufte
> \stoptext
\setupindenting [big,yes]
\setupquotation [indentnext=no,indenting=no]

\starttext
\input tufte
\startquotation
\input tufte
\stopquotation
\input tufte
\stoptext

--
luigi

* Re: more indenting
@ 2012-03-16 16:39   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-03-16 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, luigi scarso wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Alan Braslau <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
>> I'm sure that someone is going to tell me that indenting is ugly, bad
>> typesetting practice.
>>
>> But if I do want to use indenting, there are times when it should be
>> suppressed, perhaps automatically (like when immediately following a
>> heading, as is the current practice).
>>
>> The minimal example below is another such situation:
>> \startquotation\stopquotation
>> \setupquotation [before=\noindent,after=\noindent]
>> would be one solution, but it does not work - maybe the syntax is
>> wrong; maybe I'm missing a critical \par. I haven't managed to figure
>> this out myself, looking at the source code. Any suggestions? Thanks!
>>
>> Alan
>>

>> % Minimal example:
>> \setupindenting [big,yes]
>> \setupquotation [before=\noindent] % no effect
>>
>> \starttext
>> \input tufte
>> \startquotation
>> \input tufte
>> \stopquotation
>> \noindent
>> \input tufte
>> \stoptext
> \setupindenting [big,yes]
> \setupquotation [indentnext=no,indenting=no]

Also see

www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb29-2/tb92mahajan.pdf

Aditya

* Re: more indenting
       [not found] <mailman.44.1331913678.3819.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-03-16 20:01 ` Peter Wüsten
From: Peter Wüsten @ 2012-03-16 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am Freitag, den 16.03.2012, 17:01 +0100 schrieb Alan Braslau:

> % Minimal example:
> \setupindenting [big,yes]
> \setupquotation [before=\noindent] % no effect
\setupquotation [indenting=next] % noindent only at beginning of
quotation

> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \startquotation