* line break after “/” (no hyphen)
@ 2012-06-06 15:37 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-06-06 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I dimly recall discussion of linebreaking after “/”, but have not been able
to retrieve it from the archives.

Can any one point to an explanation of how to make “/” a character that
will admit a following linebreak (without hyphenation) in MKII?

The aim is to break
“….Montreal/Ottawa”, say, into
“           …..Montreal/
Ottawa…...”

Alan

* Re:  line break after “/” (no hyphen)
@ 2012-06-06 15:41 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-06-06 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012, Alan Bowen wrote:

> I dimly recall discussion of linebreaking after “/”, but have not been able
> to retrieve it from the archives.
>
> Can any one point to an explanation of how to make “/” a character that
> will admit a following linebreak (without hyphenation) in MKII?
>
> The aim is to break
> “….Montreal/Ottawa”, say, into
> “           …..Montreal/
> Ottawa…...”

(Untested)

Montreal|/|Ottawa

Aditya

* Re:  line break after “/” (no hyphen)
@ 2012-06-06 16:01   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-06-06 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Many thanks, Aditya. So far so good—it really improves the appearance of my
bibliography.

All best, Alan

@ 2012-06-06 16:27     ` Marco Pessotto
From: Marco Pessotto @ 2012-06-06 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>     On Wed, 6 Jun 2012, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>         I dimly recall discussion of linebreaking after “/”, but have
>         not been able to retrieve it from the archives.

Also \setbreakpoints[compound] should do the trick without typing the
pipe symbols.

Cheers

--
Marco