From: Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>
Subject: Re: usemodule[letter]
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:10:05 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012, Thomas Friedrich wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> my old set-up was an Ubuntu/tex-live installation, but I recently
> (finally) did a reset-up, and I am now running ArchLinux together with
> the context-minimals-git from AUR [1]. This should contain the latest
> build.

Yes, context-minimals-git is just a wrapper around first-setup.sh to make
it easier to install and uninstall the context package.

> As I understand it, there has been an update to the
> letter-module, but there is currently no updated documentation
> available. Is this correct?
>
> Please have a look at the following minimal example
>
> ------ >8 ------ min-ex.tex
> \enableregime[utf]
> \mainlanguage[de]
>
> \usemodule[letter]
>
> \setupletter
>    [ toname={Max Musterman}
>    , toaddress={Musterstraße 10}
>    , fromname={Me}
>    , fromaddress={Muster Weg 10}
>    , phone={0123-45678}
>    , mobile={0175-31689}
>    , date=\currentdate
>    , list={phone,mobile,date}
>    , subject={This is a minimal example with missing reference list}
>    , opening={Sehr geehrter Mustermann,}
>    , closing={Mit freundlichen Grüßen,}
>    , signature={Me}
>    ]

Note that ConTeXt has a very strict way of specifying key-value options.
You need

\setupletter
    [
      key=value,
    ]

You cannot have any space around the "=" sign **or** the ",". For the last
option, you must either have a comma on the same line or the closing
bracket on the same line. So, use

\setupletter
    [
      signature={Me},
    ]

> \startletter
> \input knuth
> \stopletter
> ------ >8 ------
>
> $ texexec min-ex.tex
>
> or
>
> $ context min-ex.tex
>
> will only display the current date on the very right, but no phone or
> mobile number.

Perhaps because the list is set to "{phone,mobile,date}\n".

> 1) What is the new way of setting up the reference line?
> 2) Please also note the "space" between the addresser and his/her
> address in the addressee field. Is there a way to get rid of this
> space?

Aditya