* punctuation vs font switch
@ 2012-10-03 20:26 Andreas Mang
From: Andreas Mang @ 2012-10-03 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

at the risk of being met with an incredulous shake of the head: I am using xits as math font and pagella as main font (for several reasons). Obviously, the  punctuation (in particular "comma") does not match. Is there an easy and quick global fix!?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andreas

% minimal example
\starttypescript [myface]
\definetypeface [\typescriptone] [rm] [serif] [pagella]  [default]
\definetypeface [\typescriptone] [ss] [sans]  [helvetica] [default]
\definetypeface [\typescriptone] [tt] [mono]  [modern]   [default]
\definetypeface [\typescriptone] [mm] [math]  [xits]     [default]
\stoptypescript
\setupbodyfont[myface,11pt]

\starttext

$1{,}2$ 1,2 % difference

$1\text{,}2$ % not so nice work around and problematic since the font size does not change (superscript, subscript,...)

\stoptext
% stop minimal example

P.S. Clearly, this does not matter for formulas but its different for inline (in text) math expressions.

* Re: punctuation vs font switch
@ 2012-10-03 21:30 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-10-03 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Andreas Mang wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> at the risk of being met with an incredulous shake of the head: I am using xits as math font and pagella as main font (for several reasons). Obviously, the  punctuation (in particular "comma") does not match. Is there an easy and quick global fix!?
>
> Your help is very much appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
>
> % minimal example
> \starttypescript [myface]
> \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [rm] [serif] [pagella]  [default]
> \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [ss] [sans]  [helvetica] [default]
> \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [tt] [mono]  [modern]   [default]
> \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [mm] [math]  [xits]     [default]
> \stoptypescript
> \setupbodyfont[myface,11pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> $1{,}2$ 1,2 % difference
>
> $1\text{,}2$ % not so nice work around and problematic since the font size does not change (superscript, subscript,...)

(Untested), but I thought that \text should change the size of the text
font in superscripts and subscripts, otherwise it is a bug in the
implementation (wrt amsmath implementation)

> \stoptext
> % stop minimal example

This is something I'd be interested in as well, but for a different
reason. I like to use Pagella + Euler for math, but there are some symbols
missing in Euler (in particular, black board bold
(https://github.com/khaledhosny/euler-otf/issues/2), but other symbols as
well). As an emergency measure, it will be useful to pick these symbols
from a fallback font). So, an interface for something like this will be
useful (I believe that simplefonts does something similar for Asian
languages, but I am not sure if it can handle math fonts as well).

Aditya