* Lettrine not Working as Expected
@ 2013-01-15 23:19 Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2013-01-15 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everyone,

I have been trying the lettrine module and have come across some unexpected behaviour. I have been following the documentation found here

  http://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/t-lettrine/doc/context/third/lettrine/lettrine-doc.pdf

and have proceeded to make a minimal example:

  \usemodule[lettrine]

  \starttext
  \lettrine[Lines=3]{T}{his is a test} \input knuth
  \stoptext

Unfortunately the output is not quite what (I think) it should be. It appears that the first line is rendered as expected, but that it is followed by a vertical gap---an extraordinary line spacing if you will---that places the second line all the way beneath the 'T', where the forth line would be expected. However, the second and third line are indented the way you would expect, they are just two lines further down as they should.

As this may be hard to express, I have attached a small PDF with the result of the above code.

Thank you,
Malte.

[-- Attachment #2: test.pdf --]

* Re: Lettrine not Working as Expected
@ 2013-01-15 23:40 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-01-15 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Malte Stien wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been trying the lettrine module and have come across some unexpected behaviour. I have been following the documentation found here
>
>  http://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/t-lettrine/doc/context/third/lettrine/lettrine-doc.pdf
>
> and have proceeded to make a minimal example:
>
>  \usemodule[lettrine]
>
>  \starttext
>  \lettrine[Lines=3]{T}{his is a test} \input knuth
>  \stoptext
>
> Unfortunately the output is not quite what (I think) it should be. It appears that the first line is rendered as expected, but that it is followed by a vertical gap---an extraordinary line spacing if you will---that places the second line all the way beneath the 'T', where the forth line would be expected. However, the second and third line are indented the way you would expect, they are just two lines further down as they should.
>
> As this may be hard to express, I have attached a small PDF with the result of the above code.

If you don't need the fancier features of letterine module, you may just
use \placeinitial.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Initials

Aditya