* \goto links to figures are inactive
@ 2013-01-30 13:17 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2013-01-30 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following compiles in the latest beta standalone but with dead links to
the Figure:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\starttext
\goto{Figure A}[fig:Figure.pdf]

\goto{Text A}[TextA]
\page
\useexternalfigure[Graphic][Figure.pdf][]
\placefigure
 [here,page,force,nonumber]
 [fig:Figure.pdf]
  {Figure A}
 {\externalfigure[Figure.pdf][type=pdf,
 width=\textwidth]}

\reference[TextA]{}
\input knuth
\stoptext

Any suggestions?

Alan

* Re: \goto links to figures are inactive
@ 2013-01-31 13:28 ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2013-01-31 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

The problem persists with the latest beta. Am I not encoding this properly?

And in such cases, should one include a sample .pdf file as well?

Alan

@ 2013-02-02 13:25   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2013-02-02 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry to keep pushing this—it is a problem for a journal that I publish.

I have re-installed the ConTeXt standalone and the problem persists with

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext
\goto{Figure A}[fig:cow.pdf]

Reference to Figure A on page \at[fig:cow.pdf]

\goto{Table 1}[tab:Table01]

\goto{Some text}[Text]

\page
\useexternalfigure[Graphic][cow.pdf][]
\placefigure [here,page,force,nonumber]
 [fig:cow.pdf]
  {Figure A}
 {\externalfigure[cow.pdf][type=pdf,
 width=.5\textwidth]}
\page
\placetable [here,force,nonumber]
[tab:Table01]
{Table 1}
{\starttabulate[| l | l |]
\NC 1000
\NC 2000
\NC\NR
\stoptabulate}

\page
Some text\reference[Text]{}
\stoptext

Only the last \goto works. Even the \at link fails, which is really
discouraging.

Alan

@ 2013-02-02 16:16     ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2013-02-02 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alan,

I guess you are using mkiv, since in mkii your code seems to work here.
Then, I think the way references to floats should be entered have changed and one should use a construction such as:

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext
\goto{Figure A}[fig:cow.pdf]

Reference to Figure A on page \at[fig:cow.pdf]

\goto{Table 1}[tab:Table01]

\goto{Some text}[Text]

\page
\startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow.pdf,title=Figure A][here,page,force,nonumber]
	 \externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
\stopplacefigure
\page
\startplacetable[reference=tab:Table01,title=Table 1][here,force,nonumber]
{\starttabulate[|	l	|	l	|]
\NC 1000
	\NC 2000
		\NC\NR
\stoptabulate}
\stopplacetable

\page
Some text\reference[Text]{}
\stoptext

which gives appropriate working links.
There should be also a short version of \placefigure or \placetable, but I don't remember the correct syntax… Sorry!

Best regards: OK

@ 2013-02-02 17:11       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-02-02 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.02.2013 um 17:16 schrieb Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com>:

> Hi Alan,
>
> I guess you are using mkiv, since in mkii your code seems to work here.

The references/hyperlinks for floats don’t work when the float number is disabled because the necessary attribute for link isn’t set then.

> Then, I think the way references to floats should be entered have changed and one should use a construction such as:

The second argument for \startplacefigure etc. is for userdata which has to be given as ke-val-entries and not for the float options.

Wolfgang

* Re: \goto links to figures are inactive
@ 2013-02-02 18:12       ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2013-02-02 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Otared—

I am using MKIV. Many thanks for the news about the changes to \placefigure
and the sample alternative: that is very helpful and much appreciated.

The only problem remaining is how to cancel the automatic
titling/numbering. In

\startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow.pdf,title=Figure
A][here,page,force,nonumber]
 \externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
\stopplacefigure

the output has two titles (“Figure 1” and “Figure A”).

I have checked the wiki (which does not show this as a possibility) and
experimented with “nonumber” and “number=no”, all without success.
\setupcaptions[number=no] gets rid of “Figure 1” but while the links show
properly, they do not actually work.

Alan

@ 2013-02-03  4:16         ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2013-02-03  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alan,

Try something like this:

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext
\define[1]\MyCaptions{My caption is \quotation{#1}}
%\define[1]\MyCaptions{} % gives empty caption
\setupcaptions[command=\MyCaptions]
\startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow.pdf,title=Figure A][here,page,force,nonumber]
\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
\stopplacefigure

\page
See \goto{that cow}[fig:cow.pdf]

\stoptext

Beware it changes all captions.  I suppose you might use setups if you need different kinds of captions.  You can also see from the first definition of \MyCaptions that the key 'command' was not intended to be used that way, which makes me wonder whether this will work for you or not.  I hope it does.

Michael

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Alan Bowen <bowenalan03@gmail.com<mailto:bowenalan03@gmail.com>> wrote:
The following compiles in the latest beta standalone but with dead links to the Figure:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\starttext
\goto{Figure A}[fig:Figure.pdf]

\goto{Text A}[TextA]
\page
\useexternalfigure[Graphic][Figure.pdf][]
\placefigure
[here,page,force,nonumber]
[fig:Figure.pdf]
  {Figure A}
{\externalfigure[Figure.pdf][type=pdf,
width=\textwidth]}

\reference[TextA]{}
\input knuth
\stoptext

Any suggestions?

Alan

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: \goto links to figures are inactive
@ 2013-02-03  4:31         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-02-03  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013, Alan Bowen wrote:

> I am using MKIV. Many thanks for the news about the changes to \placefigure
> and the sample alternative: that is very helpful and much appreciated.
>
> The only problem remaining is how to cancel the automatic
> titling/numbering. In
>
> \startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow.pdf,title=Figure
> A][here,page,force,nonumber]
> \externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
> \stopplacefigure
>
> the output has two titles (“Figure 1” and “Figure A”).
>
> I have checked the wiki (which does not show this as a possibility) and
> experimented with “nonumber” and “number=no”, all without success.
> \setupcaptions[number=no] gets rid of “Figure 1” but while the links show
> properly, they do not actually work.

As Wolfgang said, the 2nd argument of \startplacefigure is for specifying
userdata, not the location of the figure. To specify the location of the
figure, use the location key:

\starttext
\startplacefigure
     [
       reference=fig:cow.pdf,
       title={Figure A},
       location={here,page,force,nonumber},
     ]
     \externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
\stopplacefigure
\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: \goto links to figures are inactive
@ 2013-02-03  4:41         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-02-03  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> The references/hyperlinks for floats don’t work when the float number is
> disabled because the necessary attribute for link isn’t set then.

I would call this behavior a bug. After all, hyperlinks work correctly for
unnumbered heads (\subject etc.)

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext
\subject[sub:one]{A subject}
\startplacefigure
     [
       reference=fig:cow.pdf,
       title={Figure A},
       location={here,nonumber},
     ]
     \externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
\stopplacefigure

In \about[fig:cow.pdf], the hyperlink is not working
In \about[sub:one], the hyperlink is working
\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: \goto links to figures are inactive
@ 2013-02-03  4:48           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-02-03  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Feb 2013, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> The references/hyperlinks for floats don’t work when the float number is
>> disabled because the necessary attribute for link isn’t set then.
>
> I would call this behavior a bug. After all, hyperlinks work correctly for
> unnumbered heads (\subject etc.)
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> \starttext
> \subject[sub:one]{A subject}
> \startplacefigure
>    [
>      reference=fig:cow.pdf,
>      title={Figure A},
>      location={here,nonumber},
>    ]
>    \externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
> \stopplacefigure
>
> In \about[fig:cow.pdf], the hyperlink is not working
> In \about[sub:one], the hyperlink is working
> \stoptext

A workaround (using a horrible hack):

\defineconversion[gobble][\gobbleoneargument]
\setupcaption[figure][numberconversion=gobble]
\setuplabeltext[figure=]

\startplacefigure
   [ ... location={here}, ...] % Do not add nonumber to location

@Alan, if you need to disable numbering for a few figures, but want
hyperlinks to work, you'll need to define a new float environment for
those figures (and set the numberconversion and labeltext for that
enironment).

Aditya

* Re: \goto links to figures are inactive
@ 2013-02-03 12:50           ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2013-02-03 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Michael. But this runs into the problem about the placement of
location data that Wolfgang mentioned.

A.

@ 2013-02-03 13:32             ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2013-02-03 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Aditya. The hack works nicely.

I will try my hand at defining a new float environment, given the
uncertainty of the timing of any fix in ConTeXt itself.

Alan

@ 2013-02-03 14:29     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-02-03 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/2/2013 2:25 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> Sorry to keep pushing this—it is a problem for a journal that I publish.
>
> I have re-installed the ConTeXt standalone and the problem persists with
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> \starttext
> \goto{Figure A}[fig:cow.pdf]
>
> Reference to Figure A on page \at[fig:cow.pdf]
>
> \goto{Table 1}[tab:Table01]
>
> \goto{Some text}[Text]
>
> \page
> \useexternalfigure[Graphic][cow.pdf][]
> \placefigure[here,page,force,nonumber]
> [fig:cow.pdf]
> {Figure A}
> {\externalfigure[cow.pdf][type=pdf,
> width=.5\textwidth]}
> \page
> \placetable[here,force,nonumber]
> [tab:Table01]
> {Table 1}
> {\starttabulate[|l|l|]
> \NC 1000
> \NC 2000
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate}
> \page
> Some text\reference[Text]{}
> \stoptext
>
> Only the last \goto works. Even the \at link fails, which is really
> discouraging.

You can play with this:

\def\floatcaptionattribute
   {\iflocation
%      \ifnofloatnumber
%      \else
        \ifnofloatcaption
        \else
          \ifinsidesplitfloat
             \ifconditional\splitfloatfirstdone
             \else
               attr \destinationattribute \currentfloatattribute
             \fi
          \else
            attr \destinationattribute \currentfloatattribute
          \fi
        \fi
%      \fi
    \fi}

I have no time for testing right now so you need to check all odd cases
before I change something.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-02-03 18:36       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2013-02-03 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

After changing the definition of
	\floatcaptionattribute
in the file
	[/context-minimal]/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-flt.mkvi
and remaking th eformats with
	context --make --all
everything seems to work fine with the following example:
%%% begin goto-figure.tex
\starttext
\goto{Figure A}[fig:cow.pdf]

Reference to Figure A on page \at[fig:cow.pdf]

\goto{Table 1}[tab:Table01]

\goto{Some text}[Text]

\page
\startplacefigure[
	reference=fig:cow.pdf,
	title=Figure A,
	location={here,page,force,nonumber},
	]
	\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
\stopplacefigure
\page
\startplacetable[
	reference=tab:Table01,