* Vertical location of combinations
@ 2013-04-15  4:34 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-04-15  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I control the vertical location of combinations?

I want output similar to

ABC
\framed[frame=no, location=top]}\startcombination[2]
   {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
   {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
\stopcombination}
DEF

without having to explictly add a \frame.

Looking at pack-com, I tried

\useMPlibrary[dum]
\setupcombination[location=top]

\starttext
ABC
\startcombination[2]
   {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
   {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
\stopcombination
DEF

ABC
\framed[frame=no, location=top]}\startcombination[2]
   {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
   {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
\stopcombination}
DEF
\stoptext

but the combination is still aligned to the baseline of the caption.

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: Vertical location of combinations
@ 2013-04-15  8:37 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-15  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.04.2013 um 06:34 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:

> How do I control the vertical location of combinations?
>
> I want output similar to
>
> ABC
> \framed[frame=no, location=top]}\startcombination[2]
>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
> \stopcombination}
> DEF
>
> without having to explictly add a \frame.
>
> Looking at pack-com, I tried
>
> \useMPlibrary[dum]
> \setupcombination[location=top]
>
> \starttext
> ABC
> \startcombination[2]
>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
> \stopcombination
> DEF
>
> ABC
> \framed[frame=no, location=top]}\startcombination[2]
>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
> \stopcombination}
> DEF
> \stoptext
>
> but the combination is still aligned to the baseline of the caption.

The location-key controls the vertical alignment of the images in the combination
and I think the environment is meant as display element and not for inline as you
try to use it. As you can see in pack-com.mkiv the content of the environment
is put a \vbox which explains the location when you use it in your text.

Wolfgang

* Re: Vertical location of combinations
@ 2013-04-15 17:55   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-04-15 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 15.04.2013 um 06:34 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
>
>> How do I control the vertical location of combinations?
>>
>> I want output similar to
>>
>> ABC
>> \framed[frame=no, location=top]}\startcombination[2]
>>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
>>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
>> \stopcombination}
>> DEF
>>
>> without having to explictly add a \frame.
>>
>> Looking at pack-com, I tried
>>
>> \useMPlibrary[dum]
>> \setupcombination[location=top]
>>
>> \starttext
>> ABC
>> \startcombination[2]
>>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
>>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
>> \stopcombination
>> DEF
>>
>> ABC
>> \framed[frame=no, location=top]}\startcombination[2]
>>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{One}
>>  {\externalfigure[dummay][width=2cm]}{Two}
>> \stopcombination}
>> DEF
>> \stoptext
>>
>> but the combination is still aligned to the baseline of the caption.
>
> The location-key controls the vertical alignment of the images in the combination
> and I think the environment is meant as display element and not for inline as you
> try to use it. As you can see in pack-com.mkiv the content of the environment
> is put a \vbox which explains the location when you use it in your text.

Thanks. I'll just create a macro to wrap everything around a framed.

Aditya