* Module simpleslides error
@ 2013-09-13 10:01 Xan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Xan @ 2013-09-13 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I choose BottomSquares in presentation, I receive an error:

\usemodule[simpleslides][style=BigNumber]
\setupTitle[title={La Ronda}, author={Xavier Bordoy}, date={18 de juliol de 2013},]

%% el text
\starttext

\placeTitle

\SlideTitle{Pregunta 1}

dfdsf

\SlideTitle{Pregunta 2}
fdfd

\stoptext

resolvers       > modules > 'default' is loaded
(/usr/local/bin/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/simpleslides/simpleslides-s-default.tex
simpleslides    > loading default style setup
colors          > 'rgb' color space is supported
colors          > 'cmyk' color space is supported
interface       > namespaces > installing namespace 'simpleslidestitle' with settings ' type=module, name=simpleslidestitle, setup=list, style=yes, parent=simpleslidetitle, '
interface       > namespaces > using namespace 'simpleslidestitle' for 'simpleslidestitle'
interface       > namespaces > namespace 'simpleslidestitle' for 'simpleslidestitle' uses parent 'simpleslidetitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing parameter handler for 'simpleslidestitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing parameterhash handler for 'simpleslidestitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing attribute handler for 'simpleslidestitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing setup command for 'simpleslidestitle' (multiple)
interface       > namespaces > installing namespace 'SlideTitle' with settings ' type=module, name=SlideTitle, command=yes, setup=list, style=yes, parent=SlideTitle, '
interface       > namespaces > using namespace 'SlideTitle' for 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > namespace 'SlideTitle' for 'SlideTitle' uses parent 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing parameter handler for 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing parameterhash handler for 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing attribute handler for 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing definition  command for 'SlideTitle' (single)
interface       > namespaces > installing setup command for 'SlideTitle' (multiple)
)
resolvers       > modules > 'simpleslides-s-BottomSquares' is loaded
(/usr/local/bin/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/simpleslides/simpleslides-s-BottomSquares.tex
simpleslides    > loading module BottomSquares
system          > command '\NormalHeight' is already defined
system          > command '\NormalWidth' is already defined
system          > command '\PictureFrameHeight' is already defined
system          > command '\PictureFrameWidth' is already defined
! Undefined control sequence.

system          > tex > error on line 68 in file /usr/local/bin/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/simpleslides/simpleslides-s-BottomSquares.tex: Undefined control sequence ...

58     %               top=\vss,bottom=\vss]
59
60
61     %D We define our color scheme:
62
63     \definecolor [simpleslides:backgroundcolor]    [s=.95]
64     \definecolor [simpleslides:contrastcolor]      [r=.7,g=.1,b=.3]
65     \definecolor [simpleslides:variantcolor]       [s=.3]
66     \definecolor [simpleslides:itemize:color]      [simpleslides:contrastcolor]
67
68 >>  \definevisualcounter
69       [simpleslides:bottomsquarescounter]
70       [squaremarkers]
71       [counter=userpage,
72        distance={(\the\dimexpr\visualcounterparameter{maxwidth})/m + width},
73        path=unitsquare,
74        maxwidth=\textwidth,
75        height=0.3cm,
76        width=0.3cm]
77
78     \definepalet[visualcounter:squaremarkers]

l.68 \definevisualcounter

? x

mkiv lua stats  > used config file: selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua
mkiv lua stats  > used cache path: /usr/local/bin/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e
mkiv lua stats  > resource resolver: loadtime 0.009 seconds, 0 scans with scantime 0.000 seconds, 0 shared scans, 77 found files, scanned paths: <none>
mkiv lua stats  > stored bytecode data: 331 modules (0.222 sec), 69 tables (0.006 sec), 400 chunks (0.227 sec)
mkiv lua stats  > cleaned up reserved nodes: 39 nodes, 9 lists of 457
mkiv lua stats  > node memory usage: 3 attribute, 19 glue_spec, 1 attribute_list, 1 open, 1 dir
mkiv lua stats  > node list callback tasks: 6 unique task lists, 1 instances (re)created, 1 calls
mkiv lua stats  > used backend: pdf (backend for directly generating pdf output)
mkiv lua stats  > loaded tex modules: 5 requested, all found (*-simpleslides *-simpleslides-s-BottomSquares *-tikz simpleslides-f-default simpleslides-s-default)
mkiv lua stats  > loaded patterns: en::2, load time: 0.000
mkiv lua stats  > jobdata time: 0.000 seconds saving, 0.001 seconds loading
mkiv lua stats  > callbacks: 3497 direct, 33148 indirect, 36645 total
mkiv lua stats  > randomizer: resumed with value 0.08730756402356
mkiv lua stats  > result saved in file: Estrats-de-la-Ronda-Presentació.pdf, compresslevel 3, objectcompreslevel 3
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 3 files: latinmodern-math.otf (experimental), lmmono10-regular.otf, lmsans10-regular.otf
mkiv lua stats  > fonts load time: 0.256 seconds
mkiv lua stats  > luatex banner: this is luatex, version beta-0.76.0-2013040516  (tex live 2013/dev)(rev 4627)
mkiv lua stats  > control sequences: 49928 of 65536 + 100000
mkiv lua stats  > current memory usage: 26 MB (ctx: 25 MB)
mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 19.583 seconds

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

* Re: Module simpleslides error
@ 2013-09-13 10:14 ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2013-09-13 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Xan <dxpublica@telefonica.net> wrote:
> If I choose BottomSquares in presentation, I receive an error:
>
> l.68 \definevisualcounter

I recently went through all of the Simpleslides designs and found out
that also Boxed and Shaded failed at this same point. Looks like
something with the page counter. (Swoosh fails, too, but on something
else...)

These modules worked for me and about as expected (color options don't
seem to work, but defaults do): BigNumber, Ellipse, Embossed, Framed,
FramedTitle, HorizontalStripes, NarrowStripes, RainbowStripe, Rounded,
SideSquares, Sunrise, ThickStripes.

Mari
(who ended up picking a design that works although that wasn't my
first choice - I just forgot to report the problems, so it is good
somebody did!)

* Re: Module simpleslides error
@ 2013-09-13 12:50 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-09-13 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/13/2013 12:01 PM, Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I choose BottomSquares in presentation, I receive an error:

I'm sorry, I know that some of the styles aren't working at the moment
(at least not the versions on the garden; I think all of them work on my
system). Aditya and I need to upload a fresh version soon, but we
haven't been able to find time to discuss important questions. Anyway: I
fear it will be October until we get around to producing a new version.
If you want this particular style, I can send you the version I have
here off list (your test file compiles here), but it may be better to
wait a bit because of dependencies etc.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thomas

* Re: Module simpleslides error
@ 2013-09-14 21:29 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-09-14 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013, Xan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I choose BottomSquares in presentation, I receive an error:
>
> \usemodule[simpleslides][style=BigNumber]
> \setupTitle[title={La Ronda}, author={Xavier Bordoy}, date={18 de juliol de 2013},]
>

> %% el text
> \starttext
>
> \placeTitle
>
> \SlideTitle{Pregunta 1}
>
> dfdsf
>
> \SlideTitle{Pregunta 2}
> fdfd
>
> \stoptext
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> 68 >>  \definevisualcounter
> 69       [simpleslides:bottomsquarescounter]
> 70       [squaremarkers]
> 71       [counter=userpage,
> 72        distance={(\the\dimexpr\visualcounterparameter{maxwidth})/m + width},
> 73        path=unitsquare,
> 74        maxwidth=\textwidth,
> 75        height=0.3cm,
> 76        width=0.3cm]
> 77
> 78     \definepalet[visualcounter:squaremarkers]
>
> l.68 \definevisualcounter

This was supposed to be in the testing branch of simpleslides.

Please install the visualcounter module
(http://modules.contextgarden.net/visualcounter) and hopefully the style
will work again.

Aditya

* Re: Module simpleslides error
@ 2013-09-14 21:31   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-09-14 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013, Mari Voipio wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Xan <dxpublica@telefonica.net> wrote:
>> If I choose BottomSquares in presentation, I receive an error:
>>
>> l.68 \definevisualcounter
>
> I recently went through all of the Simpleslides designs and found out
> that also Boxed and Shaded failed at this same point. Looks like
> something with the page counter. (Swoosh fails, too, but on something
> else...)
>
> These modules worked for me and about as expected (color options don't
> seem to work, but defaults do): BigNumber, Ellipse, Embossed, Framed,
> FramedTitle, HorizontalStripes, NarrowStripes, RainbowStripe, Rounded,
> SideSquares, Sunrise, ThickStripes.

Sorry about this. Personally, I haven't used simpleslides in over two
years; during that time a lot of ConTeXt internals related to fonts and
metapost have changed. In most cases, the fixes should be straight
forward.

Aditya

* Re: Module simpleslides error
@ 2013-09-13 19:53 Pavneet Arora
From: Pavneet Arora @ 2013-09-13 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't believe that I have seen Aditya mention this recently, but
anyone using ConTeXt for making slide presentations would benefit
tremendously, I think, from reading his "tutorials" on how to use simple
ConTeXt to do so:

https://github.com/adityam/context-slides-example/commits/master

Sorry if I have trampled on what was a strictly simpleslides discussion.

Regards.

BTW, someone on this list had recommended to me quite some time ago
"impressive", a PDF viewer with transitions, which I also find very
effective in giving presentations from PDF documents:

http://impressive.sourceforge.net/

--
----
Pavneet Arora           m: 647.406.6843