* Module simpleslides error
@ 2013-09-13 10:01 Xan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Xan @ 2013-09-13 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I choose BottomSquares in presentation, I receive an error:

\usemodule[simpleslides][style=BigNumber]
\setupTitle[title={La Ronda}, author={Xavier Bordoy}, date={18 de juliol de 2013},]

%% el text
\starttext

\placeTitle

\SlideTitle{Pregunta 1}

dfdsf

\SlideTitle{Pregunta 2}
fdfd

\stoptext

resolvers       > modules > 'default' is loaded
(/usr/local/bin/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/simpleslides/simpleslides-s-default.tex
simpleslides    > loading default style setup
colors          > 'rgb' color space is supported
colors          > 'cmyk' color space is supported
interface       > namespaces > installing namespace 'simpleslidestitle' with settings ' type=module, name=simpleslidestitle, setup=list, style=yes, parent=simpleslidetitle, '
interface       > namespaces > using namespace 'simpleslidestitle' for 'simpleslidestitle'
interface       > namespaces > namespace 'simpleslidestitle' for 'simpleslidestitle' uses parent 'simpleslidetitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing parameter handler for 'simpleslidestitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing parameterhash handler for 'simpleslidestitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing attribute handler for 'simpleslidestitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing setup command for 'simpleslidestitle' (multiple)
interface       > namespaces > installing namespace 'SlideTitle' with settings ' type=module, name=SlideTitle, command=yes, setup=list, style=yes, parent=SlideTitle, '
interface       > namespaces > using namespace 'SlideTitle' for 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > namespace 'SlideTitle' for 'SlideTitle' uses parent 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing parameter handler for 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing parameterhash handler for 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing attribute handler for 'SlideTitle'
interface       > namespaces > installing definition  command for 'SlideTitle' (single)
interface       > namespaces > installing setup command for 'SlideTitle' (multiple)
)
resolvers       > modules > 'simpleslides-s-BottomSquares' is loaded
(/usr/local/bin/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/simpleslides/simpleslides-s-BottomSquares.tex
simpleslides    > loading module BottomSquares
system          > command '\NormalHeight' is already defined
system          > command '\NormalWidth' is already defined
system          > command '\PictureFrameHeight' is already defined
system          > command '\PictureFrameWidth' is already defined
! Undefined control sequence.

system          > tex > error on line 68 in file /usr/local/bin/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/simpleslides/simpleslides-s-BottomSquares.tex: Undefined control sequence ...

58     %               top=\vss,bottom=\vss]
59
60
61     %D We define our color scheme:
62
63     \definecolor [simpleslides:backgroundcolor]    [s=.95]
64     \definecolor [simpleslides:contrastcolor]      [r=.7,g=.1,b=.3]
65     \definecolor [simpleslides:variantcolor]       [s=.3]
66     \definecolor [simpleslides:itemize:color]      [simpleslides:contrastcolor]
67
68 >>  \definevisualcounter
69       [simpleslides:bottomsquarescounter]
70       [squaremarkers]
71       [counter=userpage,
72        distance={(\the\dimexpr\visualcounterparameter{maxwidth})/m + width},
73        path=unitsquare,
74        maxwidth=\textwidth,
75        height=0.3cm,
76        width=0.3cm]
77
78     \definepalet[visualcounter:squaremarkers]

l.68 \definevisualcounter

? x

mkiv lua stats  > used config file: selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua
mkiv lua stats  > used cache path: /usr/local/bin/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e
mkiv lua stats  > resource resolver: loadtime 0.009 seconds, 0 scans with scantime 0.000 seconds, 0 shared scans, 77 found files, scanned paths: <none>
mkiv lua stats  > stored bytecode data: 331 modules (0.222 sec), 69 tables (0.006 sec), 400 chunks (0.227 sec)
mkiv lua stats  > cleaned up reserved nodes: 39 nodes, 9 lists of 457
mkiv lua stats  > node memory usage: 3 attribute, 19 glue_spec, 1 attribute_list, 1 open, 1 dir
mkiv lua stats  > node list callback tasks: 6 unique task lists, 1 instances (re)created, 1 calls
mkiv lua stats  > used backend: pdf (backend for directly generating pdf output)
mkiv lua stats  > loaded tex modules: 5 requested, all found (*-simpleslides *-simpleslides-s-BottomSquares *-tikz simpleslides-f-default simpleslides-s-default)
mkiv lua stats  > loaded patterns: en::2, load time: 0.000
mkiv lua stats  > jobdata time: 0.000 seconds saving, 0.001 seconds loading
mkiv lua stats  > callbacks: 3497 direct, 33148 indirect, 36645 total
mkiv lua stats  > randomizer: resumed with value 0.08730756402356
mkiv lua stats  > result saved in file: Estrats-de-la-Ronda-Presentació.pdf, compresslevel 3, objectcompreslevel 3
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 3 files: latinmodern-math.otf (experimental), lmmono10-regular.otf, lmsans10-regular.otf
mkiv lua stats  > fonts load time: 0.256 seconds
mkiv lua stats  > luatex banner: this is luatex, version beta-0.76.0-2013040516  (tex live 2013/dev)(rev 4627)
mkiv lua stats  > control sequences: 49928 of 65536 + 100000
mkiv lua stats  > current memory usage: 26 MB (ctx: 25 MB)
mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 19.583 seconds

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

* Re: Module simpleslides error
@ 2013-09-13 19:53 Pavneet Arora
From: Pavneet Arora @ 2013-09-13 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't believe that I have seen Aditya mention this recently, but
anyone using ConTeXt for making slide presentations would benefit
tremendously, I think, from reading his "tutorials" on how to use simple
ConTeXt to do so:

https://github.com/adityam/context-slides-example/commits/master

Sorry if I have trampled on what was a strictly simpleslides discussion.

Regards.

BTW, someone on this list had recommended to me quite some time ago
"impressive", a PDF viewer with transitions, which I also find very
effective in giving presentations from PDF documents:

http://impressive.sourceforge.net/

On 09/13/2013 12:01 PM, Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I choose BottomSquares in presentation, I receive an error:

I'm sorry, I know that some of the styles aren't working at the moment
(at least not the versions on the garden; I think all of them work on my
system). Aditya and I need to upload a fresh version soon, but we
haven't been able to find time to discuss important questions. Anyway: I
fear it will be October until we get around to producing a new version.
If you want this particular style, I can send you the version I have
here off list (your test file compiles here), but it may be better to
wait a bit because of dependencies etc.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thomas

--