* Flushed right formula numbers in cases environment
@ 2014-09-15  0:34 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-09-15  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I want to have the formula numbers of cases environment flushed on the
right like for regular formulas (not the default
numberdistance=2.5\emwidth). How can I do that?

\starttext

\startplaceformula
    \startformula
        \startcases
            \NC x = 1 \NR[+]
            \NC y = 1 \NR[+]
        \stopcases
    \stopformula
\stopplaceformula

\stoptext

* Re: Flushed right formula numbers in cases environment
@ 2014-09-22 23:26 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-09-22 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, Maggyero wrote:

> I want to have the formula numbers of cases environment flushed on the
> right like for regular formulas (not the default
> numberdistance=2.5\emwidth). How can I do that?
>
> \starttext
>
> \startplaceformula
>    \startformula
>        \startcases
>            \NC x = 1 \NR[+]
>            \NC y = 1 \NR[+]
>        \stopcases
>    \stopformula
> \stopplaceformula
>
> \stoptext

As far as I know, this is not possible right now.

You can play around with numberdistance setting of the cases environment,
but it moves the equations to the left (as the whole structure is centered
on the line).

If you really need this, one option is to use metapost page backgrounds
with a mathalign environment; place anchors before the x and y glyphs, and
then use metapost to draw a left bracket. See the metafun manual for
examples of using metapost anchors.

Aditya