* Where is error in my code?
@ 2015-01-28  4:45 Van Dung Tang
From: Van Dung Tang @ 2015-01-28  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I edit 1 file metafun follow:

\startMPenvironment
\usetypescript[times][texnansi]
\switchtobodyfont[times,10pt]
\stopMPenvironment
\startMPpage
fill fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor red;
label(\sometxt{Cn},origin) withcolor white;
\stopMPpage

[-- Attachment #2: Ngu-Hanh.pdf --]

* Re: Where is error in my code?
@ 2015-01-28 11:25 ` Keith Schultz
From: Keith Schultz @ 2015-01-28 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

From the looks of it you are using legacy code!

For one ConTeXt  uses UTF you no need texansi encoding.

In Mkiv all you need is

\startext
  \startMPpage
     fill fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor red;
     label(\sometxt{Cn},origin) withcolor white;
  \stopMPpage
\stoptext

If you want to set font use \definefontfamily and \setbodyfont commands.

regards
	Keith.

Am 28.01.2015 um 05:45 schrieb Van Dung Tang <nguyen969@gmail.com>:

> I edit 1 file metafun follow:
>
> \startMPenvironment
> \usetypescript[times][texnansi]
> \switchtobodyfont[times,10pt]
> \stopMPenvironment
> \startMPpage
> fill fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor red;
> label(\sometxt{Cn},origin) withcolor white;
> \stopMPpage
> <Ngu-Hanh.pdf>___________________________________________________________________________________

> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Where is error in my code?
@ 2015-01-29 19:17   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2015-01-29 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, Keith Schultz wrote:

>     label(\sometxt{Cn},origin) withcolor white;

Note that in MkIV, this can be shortened to

    label("Cn", origin) withcolor white;

No need to wrap the strings around \sometxt{...} or btex ... etex.

Aditya

* Re: Where is error in my code?
@ 2015-01-28 14:00 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2015-01-28 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 5:49 AM, Van Dung Tang <nguyen969@gmail.com> wrote:
> I edit 1 file metafun with follow:
>
> \startMPenvironment
> \usetypescript[times][texnansi]
> \switchtobodyfont[times,10pt]
> \stopMPenvironment
> \startMPpage
> fill fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor red;
> label(\sometxt{Cn},origin) withcolor white;
> \stopMPpage
>
> After run context and recieve 1 picture with a space very very long at
> left my picture.
>
> Please help me find my error!

If you use MkII (texexec document.tex), use the following:

\setupcolors[state=start]
\usetypescript[times][texnansi]
\switchtobodyfont[times,10pt]

\starttext
\startMPpage
fill fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor red;
label(\sometxt{\color[white]{Cn}},origin);
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

There is no need to set the font inside the MP environment when using
\sometxt{} (those definitions are causing issues with whitespaces) and
you need to set the colour inside the text.

If you use MkIV (context document.text), you should use:

\switchtobodyfont[times,10pt]

\starttext
\startMPpage
fill fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor red;
label(\sometxt{\color[white]{Cn}},origin);
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

but

label(\sometxt{Cn},origin) withcolor white;

works in MKIV as well.

I strongly suggest you to use MkIV.

Mojca

* Re: Where is error in my code?
@ 2015-01-28  9:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-01-28  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 1/28/2015 5:49 AM, Van Dung Tang wrote:
> I edit 1 file metafun with follow:
>
> \startMPenvironment
> \usetypescript[times][texnansi]
> \switchtobodyfont[times,10pt]
> \stopMPenvironment
> \startMPpage
> fill fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor red;
> label(\sometxt{Cn},origin) withcolor white;
> \stopMPpage
>
> After run context and recieve 1 picture with a space very very long at
> left my picture.

if you use mkiv you can do just:

\switchtobodyfont[times,10pt]

\startMPpage
     fill fullcircle scaled 2cm withcolor red;
     label(\sometxt{Cn},origin) withcolor white;
\stopMPpage

if you use mkii, you have to load the fonts first

\startMPenvironment[global]

because loading can involve all kind of actions that introduce spaces

Hans

> Please help me find my error!
> Thanks

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE