* ConTeXt and LilyPond, another question
@ 2016-06-30  8:16 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2016-06-30  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

Inserting LilyPond scores or snippets into a ConTeXt file gives very nice results, better than inserting LilyPond pdf's as floats.
So far however, using floats has the advantage that they can be given a caption, that ConTeXt gives them a number, that one gets a list of floats in the ToC, that they can be indexed etc. etc., things that, as far as I can see, are missing when entering LilyPond code directly into the TeX-file and use the filter.

Does any of you know how this handicap can be overcome? Or else, would it be possible either to add these facilities to the filter or create some other means for providing the LilyPond examples with a caption and a number?

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone

* Re: ConTeXt and LilyPond, another question
@ 2016-06-30 13:46 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2016-06-30 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Robert Blackstone wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Inserting LilyPond scores or snippets into a ConTeXt file gives very nice results, better than inserting LilyPond pdf's as floats.
> So far however, using floats has the advantage that they can be given a caption, that ConTeXt gives them a number, that one gets a list of floats in the ToC, that they can be indexed etc. etc., things that, as far as I can see, are missing when entering LilyPond code directly into the TeX-file and use the filter.
>
> Does any of you know how this handicap can be overcome? Or else, would it be possible either to add these facilities to the filter or create some other means for providing the LilyPond examples with a caption and a number?

Filters should work inside floats.

Can you post a minimal example showing what you are doing?

Aditya

* Re: ConTeXt and LilyPond, another question
@ 2016-07-01 12:31   ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2016-07-01 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 30 Jun 2016, at 22:58 ,  Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote: On 30 Jun 2016, at 22:58 ,  Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Robert Blackstone wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Inserting LilyPond scores or snippets into a ConTeXt file gives very nice results, better than inserting LilyPond pdf's as floats.
>>> So far however, using floats has the advantage that they can be given a caption, that ConTeXt gives them a number, that one gets a list of floats in the ToC, that they can be indexed etc. etc., things that, as far as I can see, are missing when entering LilyPond code directly into the TeX-file and use the filter.
>>>
>>> Does any of you know how this handicap can be overcome? Or else, would it be possible either to add these facilities to the filter or create some other means for providing the LilyPond examples with a caption and a number?
>>
>> Filters should work inside floats.
>>
>> Can you post a minimal example showing what you are doing?
>>
>> Aditya

Thanks Aditya, for this information.

I will try to find a working solution with a float. If I cannot solve my problem I will post a minimal example, although I think that to show what I would like to do but cannot do I will need a fairly large example.
Do I understand correctly that you also have LilyPond.app installed?

Best regards,
Robert