From: Michail Vidiassov <master@iaas.msu.ru>
Subject: Re: Has anybody used asymptote without LaTeX?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 09:25:46 +0400 (MSD)	[thread overview]

Dear All,

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Zhichu Chen wrote:

> If I want to embed the .prc file into a pdf document, all I need to do
> is specify the correct /Subtype and mime type. That's very easy. I
> think creating 3D presentations without any commercial or mouse-
> clicking-GUI interface becomes realistic now.

No, there is more - you have to set appearance (may be empty).
And many nice things can be done via properties of the 3D object embedded
into PDF. Consult latest PDF reference.
You may look at libharu U3D code (it handles PRC too) and my
embedder (it needs libconfig from http://www.hyperrealm.com/libconfig/
and libharu from libharu.org) from
http://www.iaas.msu.ru/tmp/u3dembedder.tgz

   Sincerely, Michail