* Module Update from GIT URL Fails
@ 2017-09-22  7:20 Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2017-09-22  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Taco,

Moica has told me that you are the maintainer of modules.contextgarden.net.
Is this correct?

I don't seem to be able to update my ConTeXt module "high". I try to create
a new version by entering the URL of my git repository
(git@bitbucket.org:philexander/context-highlight.git)
into the GIT URL field and clicking submit. But the website then tells me
"Change to temporary directory failed". What am I doing wrong?

By the way: My web browser tells me that the certificate of
https://modules.contextgarden.net has expired.

Kind regards,
Christoph

* Re: Module Update from GIT URL Fails
@ 2017-09-25  8:57 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2017-09-25  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Christoph,

> On 22 Sep 2017, at 09:20, Christoph Reller <christoph.reller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Taco,
>
> Moica has told me that you are the maintainer of modules.contextgarden.net. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

> I don't seem to be able to update my ConTeXt module "high". I try to create a new version by entering the URL of my git repository (git@bitbucket.org:philexander/context-highlight.git) into the GIT URL field and clicking submit. But the website then tells me "Change to temporary directory failed". What am I doing wrong?

Not you, me. Something was wrong with the directory permissions on the server. It should
be fixed now, but I cannot test myself. Please let me know whether it works ok now.

> By the way: My web browser tells me that the certificate of https://modules.contextgarden.net has expired.

I am aware. Something is going wrong with the auto-renewal of the certificate.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Module Update from GIT URL Fails
@ 2017-09-26  1:01 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2017-09-26  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I try to create
> a new version by entering the URL of my git repository
> (git@bitbucket.org:philexander/context-highlight.git)
> into the GIT URL field

OT: Since you haven't uploaded your module yet, might I suggest that you
change the name to t-highlight instead of t-high. That will be in line
with the ConTeXt convention of using full names instead of abbreviations.

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: Module Update from GIT URL Fails
       [not found] <mailman.1.1506506401.8267.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2017-09-28  6:42 ` Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2017-09-28  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 11:55:06 +0200 Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
wrote:

> Alright, I think I have this figured out now. You *have to* use the https
> protocol, but then it should work.
>
>    https://bitbucket.org/philexander/context-highlight.git
>
> You cannot use any git protocol except (anonymous) https. If you try
> any other protocol, the 'git clone' command that is started by the
> webserver
> will attempt to do an interactive input query and subsequently fail.
>
> I have updated help.html with the above explanation as well.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Thank you Taco!

With the https protocol the upload of a new version indeed works. Thank you
also for updating the help page.

@ 2017-09-27  9:55   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2017-09-27  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.1.1506333601.16518.ntg-context@ntg.nl>