* Asymptote and Context
@ 2018-04-19 21:05 Context NTG
From: Context NTG @ 2018-04-19 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am running context minimals and Asymptote on Windows.This example used to
work in the past, but it seems to have stopped working. Is there anything
that has changed?

\usemodule[filter]

\defineexternalfilter

[ASY]

[filtercommand={asy -tex "context" -outformat pdf

-outname \externalfilteroutputfile},

output=\externalfilterbasefile.pdf,

cache=yes,

readcommand=\ReadImage,]

\define[1]\ReadImage{\externalfigure[#1]}

\starttext

Testing if we can include an asymptote image

\startplacefigure[location={here}, title={An Asymptote figure}]

\startASY

unitsize(1cm);

draw((-.1,0) -- (2,0), arrow=Arrow(TeXHead));

draw((0,-.1) -- (0,2), arrow=Arrow(TeXHead));

draw((0,0) .. (1,1) .. (2,sqrt(2)));

\stopASY

\stopplacefigure

\stoptext

* Re: Asymptote and Context
@ 2018-04-20  2:29 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2018-04-20  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, Context NTG wrote:

> I am running context minimals and Asymptote on Windows.This example used to
> work in the past, but it seems to have stopped working. Is there anything
> that has changed?

I uploaded a new version of the filter module yesterday, but the error
below seems unrelated.

> \usemodule[filter]
>
> \defineexternalfilter
> [ASY]
> [filtercommand={asy -tex "context" -outformat pdf
> -outname \externalfilteroutputfile},
> output=\externalfilterbasefile.pdf,
> cache=yes,
> readcommand=\ReadImage,]

Short answer: Change `filtercommand` to `filter`.

Long answer: The standard way to specify the command to be executed in
each snippet is to use `filtercommand`. This should be the FULL command
(as you would run on the command line). So in case of asymptote, it should
be:

filtercommand={asy -tex context -outformat pdf -outname
\externalfilteroutputfile\space \externalfilterinputfile}

Since many commands are of the form:

    command-name <options> input-name

a shortcut is provided in the filter module. Instead of saying

filtercommand={command-name <options> input-name},

you can say

filter={command-name <options>}

In the example that you posted, you are using `filtercommand=....` but the
input filename is missing, so asymptote launches an interactive promt.

Aditya