* \hairline in the header and column rule
@ 2006-12-21  2:23 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2006-12-21  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I'd like to ask about drawing a line in the header and a line between
columns.

1)I'd like to add hairlines in the header using before and after in
\setupheader, but the lines was drawn from the leftend of the
leftmargin with the textwidth only. So, there is no line at the right
end of the header. How to make the lines start from the left end of
the text area?

2) I setup [rule=on] in column setup, but the length of the line
depends on the length of the text. How to draw the separation line
from the top to bottom?

Thank you for reading.
Regards

Dalyoung

Here is the code and output.
*******************************
\setupheader[][before=\hairline, after=\hairline]
\setupheadertexts[][text for the header]

\setuppagenumbering[location=footer]

\starttext
\startcolumns[rule=on, n=2]

[-- Attachment #2: sample.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 11855 bytes --]

* Re: \hairline in the header and column rule
@ 2006-12-21  2:40 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-12-21  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to ask about drawing a line in the header and a line between
> columns.
>
> 1)I'd like to add hairlines in the header using before and after in
> \setupheader, but the lines was drawn from the leftend of the
> leftmargin with the textwidth only. So, there is no line at the right
> end of the header. How to make the lines start from the left end of
> the text area?

\setupbackgrounds[header][text][bottomframe=on,topframe=on]

> 2) I setup [rule=on] in column setup, but the length of the line
> depends on the length of the text. How to draw the separation line
> from the top to bottom?

Doesn't rule=on do that?

\startcolumns[rule=on, n=2]
\input knuth
\stopcolumns

Aditya

* Re: \hairline in the header and column rule
@ 2006-12-22 21:32   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-12-22 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, Jeong Dalyoung wrote:
>

>>However, [rule=on] option only draw vertical line as long as the
>>paragraph not to the bottom.
>

> Do you mean you want a line in the middle of the columns for the
> entire page, even if the text does not fill the whole page? I do not
> think \startcolumns can do that. Have a look at columnsets.

Or you could use a background layer, if it is a static element.

Best,
Taco

* Re: \hairline in the header and column rule
@ 2006-12-22 20:54 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-12-22 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-12-22 15:18 Jeong Dalyoung
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2006-12-22 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Aditya

Thank you for your tip.

After adding the line "\setupbackgrounds[header][text]
[bottomframe=on,topframe=on]", I got lines of whole length.
However, [rule=on] option only draw vertical line as long as the
paragraph not to the bottom.

Please test once more using a short paragraph(3-4 lines) instead of
\knuth.

Thank you again.
Regards,

Dalyoung