* Error with --modu for core-mis
@ 2007-01-05  7:52 luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-01-05  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

If someone compile this
$>texmfstart texexec --pdf --modu core-mis

then he should be send to me (luigi.scarso at gmail.com)
core-mis.tex

Thanks in advance
luigi

* Re: Error with --modu for core-mis
@ 2007-01-05  8:35 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-05  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, luigi scarso wrote:

> If someone compile this
> $>texmfstart texexec --pdf --modu core-mis
>
> then he should be send to me (luigi.scarso at gmail.com)
> core-mis.tex

Change line 2829 from

%D   {\somekindoftab}
       ^^^
        This causes the problem

%D   {somekindoftab}

BTW, it will be a nice if your documentation project can be integrated
with the source browser on the garden. Maybe adding a link to each of
the tex, mkii and mkiv file to the corresponding pdf. See
http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20061013.052307.d624f4eb.en.html#20061013.052307.d624f4eb

Right now, if you generate a single pdf of all the files, it is too
big. I tried to generate the all pdfs individually, but it was taking
too much time. For each file, cont-en.xml has to be parsed separately,
which is slow. Can xml files be somehow tex-compiled, that is, the
output of the tex parser be stored as a file, and the next time only
the parser output is read, not the xml file.

Aditya

* Re: Error with --modu for core-mis
@ 2007-01-05  8:51   ` luigi scarso
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-01-05  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/5/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, luigi scarso wrote:
>
> > If someone compile this
> > $>texmfstart texexec --pdf --modu core-mis
> >
> > then he should be send to me (luigi.scarso at gmail.com)
> > core-mis.tex
>
> Change line 2829 from
>
> %D   {\somekindoftab}
>        ^^^
>         This causes the problem
>
> %D   {somekindoftab}
Thanks to all.
It sounds good now
(and I'm ready for another module:
what about core-ntb ?)

> BTW, it will be a nice if
>your
best: our.
>documentation project can be integrated
> with the source browser on the garden. Maybe adding a link to each of
> the tex, mkii and mkiv file to the corresponding pdf. See
> >http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20061013.052307.d624f4eb.en.html#20061013.052307.d624f4eb

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf
should be work.

> Right now, if you generate a single pdf of all the files, it is too
> big. I tried to generate the all pdfs individually, but it was taking
> too much time. For each file, cont-en.xml has to be parsed separately,
> which is slow. Can xml files be somehow tex-compiled, that is, the
> output of the tex parser be stored as a file, and the next time only
> the parser output is read, not the xml file.

Please, can you  write down to
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf
page
your  considerations ?
I really appreciate it .

@ 2007-01-05  8:55     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-01-05  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

>http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20061013.052307.d624f4eb.en.html#20061013.052307.d624f4eb
Oh yes, I've already read this :
it was the start for new modules.pdf release. :)

@ 2007-01-05  9:47     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-01-05  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:51:00 +0100
"luigi scarso" <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Luigi

> On 1/5/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, luigi scarso wrote:
> >
> > > If someone compile this
> > > $>texmfstart texexec --pdf --modu core-mis
> > >
> > > then he should be send to me (luigi.scarso at gmail.com)
> > > core-mis.tex
> >
> > Change line 2829 from
> >
> > %D   {\somekindoftab}
> >        ^^^
> >         This causes the problem
> >
> > %D   {somekindoftab}
> Thanks to all.
> It sounds good now
> (and I'm ready for another module:
> what about core-ntb ?)

add "%D \stopbuffer" on line 84

> > BTW, it will be a nice if
> >your
> best: our.
> >documentation project can be integrated
> > with the source browser on the garden. Maybe adding a link to each of
> > the tex, mkii and mkiv file to the corresponding pdf. See
> > >http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20061013.052307.d624f4eb.en.html#20061013.052307.d624f4eb
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf
> should be work.
> >
> > Right now, if you generate a single pdf of all the files, it is too
> > big. I tried to generate the all pdfs individually, but it was taking
> > too much time. For each file, cont-en.xml has to be parsed separately,
> > which is slow. Can xml files be somehow tex-compiled, that is, the
> > output of the tex parser be stored as a file, and the next time only
> > the parser output is read, not the xml file.
> >
> Please, can you  write down to
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf
> page
> your  considerations ?
> I really appreciate it .
>
> luigi

Wolfgang

* Re: Error with --modu for core-mis
@ 2007-01-05 10:08       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-01-05 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> add "%D \stopbuffer" on line 84
OK;
I'm ready for another module (hmm....m-cweb.. )

@ 2007-01-05 20:26     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-05 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, luigi scarso wrote:

> On 1/5/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, luigi scarso wrote:
> >
> > > If someone compile this
> > > $>texmfstart texexec --pdf --modu core-mis
> > >
> > > then he should be send to me (luigi.scarso at gmail.com)
> > > core-mis.tex
> >
> > Change line 2829 from
> >
> > %D   {\somekindoftab}
> >        ^^^
> >         This causes the problem
> >
> > %D   {somekindoftab}
> Thanks to all.
> It sounds good now
> (and I'm ready for another module:
> what about core-ntb ?)
>

> > BTW, it will be a nice if
> >your
> best: our.
> >documentation project can be integrated
> > with the source browser on the garden. Maybe adding a link to each of
> > the tex, mkii and mkiv file to the corresponding pdf. See
> > >http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20061013.052307.d624f4eb.en.html#20061013.052307.d624f4eb
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf
> should be work.

Looks great. On some pages I get
  There was a problem reading this document (131)

I use Adobe Reader 7. If you want, I can send the exact page numbers.

> > Right now, if you generate a single pdf of all the files, it is too
> > big. I tried to generate the all pdfs individually, but it was taking
> > too much time. For each file, cont-en.xml has to be parsed separately,
> > which is slow. Can xml files be somehow tex-compiled, that is, the
> > output of the tex parser be stored as a file, and the next time only
> > the parser output is read, not the xml file.
> >
> Please, can you  write down to
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf
> page
> your  considerations ?

Done.

This is great work. Now, I just wish that I could have a printed copy
of the whole thing which automatically updated everytime there was a
new ConTeXt release. Maybe I should try out eletronic ink technologies
;)

Aditya

* Re: Error with --modu for core-mis
@ 2007-01-05 22:41       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-05 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> This is great work. Now, I just wish that I could have a printed copy
> of the whole thing which automatically updated everytime there was a
> new ConTeXt release. Maybe I should try out eletronic ink technologies
> ;)

http://www.irextechnologies.com/products/iliad

quite readable (due to analogue anti aliasing effects) ; some day i'll make a texexec feature that removes whitespace so that reading on such devices is more optimal

(the quality is better than you might expect but rendering is real slow)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-01-05 23:57         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-05 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> >

> > This is great work. Now, I just wish that I could have a printed copy
> > of the whole thing which automatically updated everytime there was a
> > new ConTeXt release. Maybe I should try out eletronic ink technologies
> > ;)
> >
> http://www.irextechnologies.com/products/iliad
>
> quite readable (due to analogue anti aliasing effects) ;
> (the quality is better than you might expect but rendering is real slow)

Pretty impressive. Now, I need to wait for the price to become
reasonable.

Aditya

* Re: Error with --modu for core-mis
@ 2007-01-15 11:29       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-01-15 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

>   There was a problem reading this document (131)
>
> I use Adobe Reader 7. If you want, I can send the exact page numbers.

It's true, but I think this is a bug of Reader 7 (at least under Linux).
But gs 8.54, xpdf don't give this error.
At least these work:
1)downgrading to pdf 1.4 (distilling)
2) prepend \pdfminorversion=4 and recompiling.

I will test with Acrobat 1.7 and AdobeReader 1.8 .

luigi