* Re: Struggling with XeTeX
       [not found] <mailman.693.1182195663.2368.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-06-18 21:31 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-06-18 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl; +Cc: pragma, taco

Hello,

Taco and Hans, thank you both very much. You are not less but genius. :)

The patch from Taco runs smoothly. Now all system fonts I'm using are found without complaints. (BTW, I've never considered TeX seriously without XeTeX. System font support is Must Have for a Windows-minded user like me).

The beta ceased creating those annoying .rli files, and now says 'dimensions of myfig.png loaded from figurefile itself'. Great! I even don't need ImageMagic anymore.

Thank you and keep your good work!

--
Best regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 36, Issue 34
       [not found] <mailman.693.1182195663.2368.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-06-18 22:17 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-06-18 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello,

A more advanced question. With default settings, ConTeXt is prone to start new page for the itemization that doesn't fit. That is,

... %previous text
Compared to the manual drafting, computer-aided drafting has the following advantages:
\startitemize[packed]
\item Errors and changes can be erased very simply, and without leaving any trace on the drawing.
\item Small details can be enlarged to the limit of computer's accuracy, and can thus be comfortably worked on.
\item Items that appear many times on the drawing (e.g., electronic com-ponents) need only be drawn once, and then can be rapidly copied as many times as required.
\item Drawing can be drawn at exact scale; when the drawing is ready to go onto paper, the computer scales it to fit the page.
\item Related items on the drawing can be grouped on layers, which can be activated or deactivated at will for plotting or display.
\item Corporate standards are easily imposed by using drawing templates.
\stopitemize

In this excerpt the first paragraph is left alone with much space below it and the list is placed on the next page.

How to teach the ConTeXt to be more space-economical?

Best,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 36, Issue 34
@ 2007-06-19  1:27   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-06-19  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A more advanced question. With default settings, ConTeXt is prone to start new page for the itemization that doesn't fit. That is,

add `intro' to \startitemize and it will try very hard not to break
the page before itemize.

> How to teach the ConTeXt to be more space-economical?

There is also `joinedup' which removes all spaces, and `nowhite' which
can be used to remove specific spaces, so you can do something like

\startitemize[joinedup,nowhite,before]

Aditya