* Setting background for entire header
@ 2007-06-26  5:00 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-06-26  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to set the background of the entire header (from left edge of
the paper to the right edge). As far as I could tell, there is no way
to coax setupbackgrounds to do this. I can do this using layers or
abuse the margin and offset keys of framed to make it cover the
remaining area, but is there really no direct way to do this? Here is
my attempt so far.

\setupbodyfont[14pt]

\setuppapersize  [S6] [S6]

\setuplayout
   [topspace=0cm,
    top=0cm,
    topdistance=0cm,
    header=3\lineheight,
    headerdistance=0.5\lineheight,
    height=middle,
    footerdistance=0.5\lineheight,
    footer=2\lineheight,
    bottomspace=0cm,
    bottom=0cm,
    bottomdistance=0cm,
    backspace=1cm,
    leftmargin=.5cm,
    leftmargindistance=.15cm,
    width=middle,
    cutspace=.5cm,
    rightmargin=.25cm,
    rightmargindistance=.15cm,
    grid=yes,
  ]

\setupcolors[state=start]

%%%% What should go here???
\setupbackgrounds[header][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue]
%%%%

\starttext test \stoptext

Aditya

* Re: Setting background for entire header
@ 2007-06-26  6:11 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-06-26  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/6/26, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> I want to set the background of the entire header (from left edge of
> the paper to the right edge). As far as I could tell, there is no way
> to coax setupbackgrounds to do this. I can do this using layers or
> abuse the margin and offset keys of framed to make it cover the
> remaining area, but is there really no direct way to do this? Here is
> my attempt so far.
>
> \setupbodyfont[14pt]
>
> \setuppapersize  [S6] [S6]
>
> \setuplayout
>    [topspace=0cm,
>     top=0cm,
>     topdistance=0cm,
>     header=3\lineheight,
>     headerdistance=0.5\lineheight,
>     height=middle,
>     footerdistance=0.5\lineheight,
>     footer=2\lineheight,
>     bottomspace=0cm,
>     bottom=0cm,
>     bottomdistance=0cm,
>     backspace=1cm,
>     leftmargin=.5cm,
>     leftmargindistance=.15cm,
>     width=middle,
>     cutspace=.5cm,
>     rightmargin=.25cm,
>     rightmargindistance=.15cm,
>     grid=yes,
>   ]
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> %%%% What should go here???
> \setupbackgrounds[header][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue]
> %%%%
>
> \starttext test \stoptext
>

> Aditya

Hi Aditya,

Variant 1:

\setuplayout
  [leftedgedistance=0pt,
   rightedgedistance=0pt,
   leftmargindistance=0pt,
   rightmargindistance=0pt,
   leftedge=2cm,
   rightedge=2cm]

\showframe

\setupcolors[state=start]

\setupbackgrounds
  [header]
  [leftedge,leftmargin,text,rightmargin,rightedge]
  [background=color,backgroundcolor=blue]

\starttext test \stoptext

Variant 2:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\defineoverlay
 [colorrule]
 [{\color[blue]{\vrule width2\hsize height\headerheight\relax}}]

\setupbackgrounds
 [header]
 [background=colorrule]

\starttext test \stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Setting background for entire header
@ 2007-06-26 14:09   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-06-26 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> 2007/6/26, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to set the background of the entire header (from left edge of
>> the paper to the right edge). As far as I could tell, there is no way
>> to coax setupbackgrounds to do this. I can do this using layers or
>> abuse the margin and offset keys of framed to make it cover the
>> remaining area, but is there really no direct way to do this? Here is
>> my attempt so far.
>>
>> \setupbodyfont[14pt]
>>
>> \setuppapersize  [S6] [S6]
>>

>> %%%% What should go here???
>> \setupbackgrounds[header][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue]
>> %%%%
>>
>> \starttext test \stoptext
>>

>> Aditya
>
> Hi Aditya,
>
> Variant 1:
>
> \setuplayout
>  [leftedgedistance=0pt,
>   rightedgedistance=0pt,
>   leftmargindistance=0pt,
>   rightmargindistance=0pt,
>   leftedge=2cm,
>   rightedge=2cm]

Ah, edgedistance. Somehow I had missed this.

> \showframe
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \setupbackgrounds
>  [header]
>  [leftedge,leftmargin,text,rightmargin,rightedge]
>  [background=color,backgroundcolor=blue]
>
> \starttext test \stoptext

This works, but I need a non-zero margin distance.

> Variant 2:
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \defineoverlay
> [colorrule]
> [{\color[blue]{\vrule width2\hsize height\headerheight\relax}}]
>
> \setupbackgrounds
> [header]
> [background=colorrule]

This is easier than what I was doing. Thanks.

But, it would have been nicer if something like this could be achieved
by

\setupbackgrounds
 	[header]
 	[page]