* Re: Using context with cweave
       [not found]       ` <608bfe540708280520w6152e7d6x9171e60748a08269@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2007-08-30 19:17         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-30 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, John Luciani wrote:

>>> ???
>> This is a new topicct for me; to compile, I have had a quick look
>> inside m-cweb but
>> nothing more.
>> Actually I have no idea if one can have a screen version with some macro
>> like \activateCWEB, I'm sorry.
>
> I appreciate your help. Thanks.
>
> The screen version example that I like is at
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/itdemos/internal/cweb/cweb-scr.pdf

Did you try:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/CWEB

(the page says cweb is broken, but you got partial success, so worth a
try)

Aditya

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 12:16           ` John Luciani
From: John Luciani @ 2007-08-31 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/30/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> Did you try:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/CWEB
>
> (the page says cweb is broken, but you got partial success, so worth a
> try)

Using Luigi's suggestion I did the following ---

* In the tex file created by cweave replace the line

    \input cwebmac

  with

    \input m-cweb
    \activateCWEB
    \starttext

* At the end of the tex file add the line

    \stoptext

* run the command

     texexec --pdf TEXFILENAME

The resultant pdf file is missing hyperlinks and the indentation is off.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 14:31             ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-31 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, John Luciani wrote:

> On 8/30/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> Did you try:
>>
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/CWEB
>>
>> (the page says cweb is broken, but you got partial success, so worth a
>> try)
>
> Using Luigi's suggestion I did the following ---
>
> * In the tex file created by cweave replace the line
>
>    \input cwebmac
>
>  with
>
>    \input m-cweb
>    \activateCWEB
>    \starttext
>
> * At the end of the tex file add the line
>
>    \stoptext
>
> * run the command
>
>     texexec --pdf TEXFILENAME
>

> The resultant pdf file is missing hyperlinks and the indentation is off.

A guess for hyperlinks. Try \setupinteraction[state=start].

Aditya

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 17:17               ` John Luciani
From: John Luciani @ 2007-08-31 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/31/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, John Luciani wrote:
>
> > On 8/30/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> >
> >> Did you try:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/CWEB
> >>
> >> (the page says cweb is broken, but you got partial success, so worth a
> >> try)
> >
> > Using Luigi's suggestion I did the following ---
> >
> > * In the tex file created by cweave replace the line
> >
> >    \input cwebmac
> >
> >  with
> >
> >    \input m-cweb
> >    \activateCWEB
> >    \starttext
> >
> > * At the end of the tex file add the line
> >
> >    \stoptext
> >
> > * run the command
> >
> >     texexec --pdf TEXFILENAME
> >

> > The resultant pdf file is missing hyperlinks and the indentation is off.
>
> A guess for hyperlinks. Try \setupinteraction[state=start].

That worked!!! Thanks.

I will have to browse through the documentation for the various options.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 17:52                 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-31 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, John Luciani wrote:
> That worked!!! Thanks.

Can you update the wiki page on how to get a working cweb file using
ConTeXt?

Aditya

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 19:07                   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-31 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, John Luciani wrote:
>> That worked!!! Thanks.
>
> Can you update the wiki page on how to get a working cweb file using
> ConTeXt?

i didn't join this discussion but the complication of web code is that
it defines all those one char commands and such

it would be nice to have a variant of cweb that spits out more verbose
commands, so that we don't need to push/pop definitions and get rid of
interference

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-08-31 19:48                     ` John Luciani
From: John Luciani @ 2007-08-31 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/31/07, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, John Luciani wrote:
> >> That worked!!! Thanks.
> >
> > Can you update the wiki page on how to get a working cweb file using
> > ConTeXt?
>
> i didn't join this discussion but the complication of web code is that
> it defines all those one char commands and such
>
> it would be nice to have a variant of cweb that spits out more verbose
> commands, so that we don't need to push/pop definitions and get rid of
> interference

That would be extremely useful.

I am using cweb to document code for embedded systems. I like to use
single character macros to typeset component reference designators and
electrical parameters. I use macro calls like:

For components --- \R{1}, \C{23}, \L{43}
For voltages and currents --- \V{1}, \I{1} etc.
For dimensions ---  \F (farads), \S (seconds), \H (henries), etc.

Since your here ---- Is there any chance of getting the cweb file that was
used to generate cweb-scr.pdf? I like the format and was hoping to do
something similar with my programs.

Thanks.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 19:50                   ` John Luciani
From: John Luciani @ 2007-08-31 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/31/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, John Luciani wrote:
> > That worked!!! Thanks.
>
> Can you update the wiki page on how to get a working cweb file using
> ConTeXt?
>
> Aditya

I added my notes to the bottom of the page ---
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/CWEB

If that is not the appropriate place let me know and I can move it. Feel free to
make any modifications.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 20:10                       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-31 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Luciani wrote:

> Since your here ---- Is there any chance of getting the cweb file that was
> used to generate cweb-scr.pdf? I like the format and was hoping to do
> something similar with my programs.

remind me in a few weeks .. to busy with other things now (new xml
mechanisms)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-08-31 20:47                         ` John Luciani
From: John Luciani @ 2007-08-31 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/31/07, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> John Luciani wrote:
>

> > Since your here ---- Is there any chance of getting the cweb file that was
> > used to generate cweb-scr.pdf? I like the format and was hoping to do
> > something similar with my programs.
>
> remind me in a few weeks .. to busy with other things now (new xml
> mechanisms)

Sounds great!

Thanks.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 21:26                 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-31 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anothers step:
1) save you cweaved tex file as wc.tex
2) put this in test0001a.tex
%% tex0001a
\usemodule [cweb]
\def\ignoreCWEBinput{\relax}
\activateCWEB
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\starttext

\title {Contents} \processCWEBcontents wc \page
\title {Sections} \processCWEBsections wc \page
\title {Sources}  \processCWEBsource   wc \page
\title {Index}    \processCWEBindex    wc \page

\stoptext

3) texexec --pdf --batch test0001a

\def\ignoreCWEBinput{\relax}
avoid endless loop for now.

btw, it's no correct again.

--
luigi

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 22:30                   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-31 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/31/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anothers step:
> 1) save you cweaved tex file as wc.tex
No, sorry.
1) Save you cweb file in wc.cweb.  process as usual with
$> cweave wc.cweb
then comment \input cwebmac in wc.tex
You should end with
wc.cweb
wc.idx
wc.scn
wc.tex
wc.toc

2) put this in test0001a.tex
%% tex0001a
\usemodule [cweb]
\def\ignoreCWEBinput{\relax}
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\starttext

\title {Contents} \processCWEBcontents wc \page
\title {Sections} \processCWEBsections wc \page
\title {Sources}  \processCWEBsource   wc \page
\title {Index}    \processCWEBindex    wc \page

\stoptext

3) texexec --pdf --batch test0001a

\def\ignoreCWEBinput{\relax}
avoid endless loop for now;
btw, it's no correct again (maybe wc.toc ?)
And again, no news for screen version.

--
luigi

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-08-31 23:01                     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-31 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/1/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/31/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
Anothers step:
1)..
2) put this in test0001a.tex
%% test0001a.tex
\usemodule[cweb]
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\def\ignoreCWEBinput{\relax}
\unprotect
\def\fixtranslatednumber[#1--#2::#3]{%
\@@filterpagepart[#1--#2--#3]}
\protect
\defCWEBmacro\contentsline#1#2#3#4#5%
  {\ifnum#2=0
     \smallbreak
   \fi
   \line{\consetup{#2}#1
   \rm
   \leaders\hbox to .5em{.\hfil}\hfil\
   {\localcolortrue\goto{#3}[web:#3]}%  below: \gotorealpage ? should be
changed
   \hbox
to3em{\localcolortrue\hss\gotorealpage{}{}{#5}{\fixtranslatednumber[#4]\presetgoto}}}}

\starttext

\title {Contents} \processCWEBcontents wc \page
\title {Sections} \processCWEBsections wc \page
\title {Sources}  \processCWEBsource   wc \page
\title {Index}    \processCWEBindex    wc \page
\stoptext

3) texexec --pdf  test0001a
Now compile well.

@ 2007-09-01  1:00                       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-09-01  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anothers step:
1)...
2a) put this in test001b.tex
\usemodule[cweb]

\setupbodyfont
  [9pt]

\setuppapersize
  [S6][S6]

\setuplayout
  [backspace=72.5pt,
   leftmargin=50pt,
   leftmargindistance=12.5pt,
   rightmargin=0pt,
   rightedge=80pt,
   rightedgedistance=10pt,
   leftedge=0pt,
   width=430pt,
   topspace=10pt,
   header=0pt,
   footer=30pt,
   bottomdistance=10pt,
   bottom=15pt,
   height=410pt,
   style=\ss]
[...]

2b)put this in process.tex
\usemodule[abr-01]
\usemodule[mod-00]
\usemodule[mod-02]

\def\TypeThreeModule#1%
  {\readfile{#1.tex}{}{}%
   \WriteBatchFile}
\def\WriteBatchFile
  {\doglobal\increment\ModuleNumber
   \immediate\write\BatchFile{texmfstart texexec --pdf --batch \FileName }}

\starttext
\TitelBlad{Documentation}
\placemodulecontent
\ModuleGroup{test001b}{test001b}
\processmodule{test001b} {3}
\placemoduleregister
\ColofonBlad
\stoptext

3) now you must set shell_escape=t and compile with
$> texexec --pdf  process

Ok, now we have a "dirty" screen version (better than nothing, isn't it ?)

--
luigi

* Re: Using context with cweave
@ 2007-09-02  0:48                         ` John Luciani
From: John Luciani @ 2007-09-02  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/31/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, now we have a "dirty" screen version (better than nothing, isn't it ?)

Thanks again.

I tried both the print and the screen instructions and both compile
without error.
I will have to compare the print version output with the plain tex
output but it looks
quite close now. I will take a closer look at the screen version as well.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org