* The easiest way to get jpeg output?
@ 2007-10-29  9:46 context
From: context @ 2007-10-29  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

 I need transform some presentation into series of
 jpeg files. Is it possible directly from ConTeXt or
 I have to use some external tools for conversion?
 What is the easiest way in any case?

--
best regards
ml.

* Re: The easiest way to get jpeg output?
@ 2007-10-29  9:57 ` zs
From: zs @ 2007-10-29  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:46:06 +0100
context@fr.pl wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I need transform some presentation into series of
>  jpeg files. Is it possible directly from ConTeXt or
>  I have to use some external tools for conversion?
>  What is the easiest way in any case?

Hi

You can make a script to export pages from your document using ghostscript like that:

gs -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 -sDEVICE=jpeg -r150 -sOutputFile=page1.jpg -dBATCH -q -dNOPAUSE -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -dTextAlphaBits=4  -dMaxBitmap=50000000 document.pdf

* Re: The easiest way to get jpeg output?
@ 2007-10-29 10:14 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-10-29 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

context@fr.pl schrieb:
> Hello,
>
>  I need transform some presentation into series of
>  jpeg files. Is it possible directly from ConTeXt or
>  I have to use some external tools for conversion?
>  What is the easiest way in any case?

use ghostview/ghostscript to convert your pdf presentation into jpg
(device jpg). but i'm clueless, why someone wants a pixel based
representation, when (s)he already has a pdf document.

Peter

* Re: The easiest way to get jpeg output?
@ 2007-10-29 14:23   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-10-29 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Peter Rolf wrote:

> context@fr.pl schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  I need transform some presentation into series of
>>  jpeg files. Is it possible directly from ConTeXt or
>>  I have to use some external tools for conversion?
>>  What is the easiest way in any case?
>>
> use ghostview/ghostscript to convert your pdf presentation into jpg
> (device jpg). but i'm clueless, why someone wants a pixel based
> representation, when (s)he already has a pdf document.

And incase you do need that, please go for png instead of jpeg. Jpeg
is a horrible for format to store a few black stokes on a white
background.

Aditya