* Article titles not capitalized in bibliography
@ 2010-05-05 18:47 Tom
From: Tom @ 2010-05-05 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Book titles retain proper capitalization from the .bib file but articles
from periodicals do not. Only the first word of an article title is
capitalized in the .bbl file. Even proper names in titles lose their
capitalization. Is there an option that needs to be set to cause article
titles to retain proper capitalization? MKII

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey

* Re: Article titles not capitalized in bibliography
@ 2010-05-06  9:28 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-05-06  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom wrote:
> Book titles retain proper capitalization from the .bib file but articles
> from periodicals do not. Only the first word of an article title is
> capitalized in the .bbl file. Even proper names in titles lose their
> capitalization. Is there an option that needs to be set to cause article
> titles to retain proper capitalization? MKII

This is controlled by the bst files and cannot be corrected elsewhere.

In each of the four bst files in bibtex/bst/context, there are two
calls to the do.t.out function:

   FUNCTION {format.t.title}
   { "" "\title" title do.t.out
     "" "\isbn" isbn do.out
   }

   FUNCTION {format.arttitle}
   { "" "\arttitle" title do.t.out }

These calls have to be replaced by do.out:

   FUNCTION {format.t.title}
   { "" "\title" title do.out
     "" "\isbn" isbn do.out
   }

   FUNCTION {format.arttitle}
   { "" "\arttitle" title do.out }

You will have to do that in a local copy, as I am a hesitant to change
this in the distribution (it would introduce compatibility problems
in already existing documents).

Best wishes,
Taco

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Article titles not capitalized in bibliography
@ 2010-05-06 15:49   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-05-06 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 6 May 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> You will have to do that in a local copy, as I am a hesitant to change
> this in the distribution (it would introduce compatibility problems
> in already existing documents).

Moreover, certain styles demand that only the first word of the title be
capitalized and proper nouns be capitalized. I usually add {...} in my bib
file around words whose capitalization should not be changed.

Aditya