* bibmod question
@ 2008-05-09 12:54 Peter I. Hansen
From: Peter I. Hansen @ 2008-05-09 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I'm using the bibmod module with the 'ams' style (bibl-ams.tex). If I
have two (or more) references by the same author, from the same year,
in my bibtex database. The years are printed in the reference list as
eg. 2000a, 2000b, etc., even if I only quote one of the. Since the
'ams' style is citing by number, there is no use for these additional
letters.
Is there a way to turn those off?

Thanks, Peter

* Re: bibmod question
@ 2008-05-09 21:38 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-05-09 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 9, 2008, at 2:54 PM, Peter I. Hansen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using the bibmod module with the 'ams' style (bibl-ams.tex). If I
> have two (or more) references by the same author, from the same year,
> in my bibtex database. The years are printed in the reference list as
> eg. 2000a, 2000b, etc., even if I only quote one of the. Since the
> 'ams' style is citing by number, there is no use for these additional
> letters.
> Is there a way to turn those off?
>
> Thanks, Peter

Search the archive and the source of t-bib.tex for "maybeyear."

HTH

Thomas

* Re: bibmod question
@ 2008-05-10 11:37   ` Peter I. Hansen
From: Peter I. Hansen @ 2008-05-10 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> On May 9, 2008, at 2:54 PM, Peter I. Hansen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm using the bibmod module with the 'ams' style (bibl-ams.tex). If I
>> have two (or more) references by the same author, from the same year,
>> in my bibtex database. The years are printed in the reference list as
>> eg. 2000a, 2000b, etc., even if I only quote one of the. Since the
>> 'ams' style is citing by number, there is no use for these additional
>> letters.
>> Is there a way to turn those off?
>>
>> Thanks, Peter
>
> Search the archive and the source of t-bib.tex for "maybeyear."

Adding

\setuppublicationlist  [maybeyear=off]

seems to work. -Peter